This article shows you how to set up your Telstra TV and lists the equipment you’ll need.
- Check you have everything
Your Telstra TV pack should contain:
- 1 x Telstra TV device
- 1 x HDMI cable
- 1 x power adaptor
- 1 x remote control and 2x AAA batteries
- 1 x Quick Start Guide.
Call 13 22 00 and say ‘Telstra TV Fault’.
- Connect your Telstra TV to your digital TV
- Use the HDMI cable to connect your Telstra TV to your television set
- Plug the power adapter in to your Telstra TV, then plug it into a power point
- On your TV, select the HDMI input that your Telstra TV is connected to
- If your Telstra TV has an antenna port you can connect it to an antenna wall socket or indoor antenna. You’ll need your own antenna cable.
- Connect your Telstra TV to the internet
To connect via Wi-Fi:
- Use your Telstra TV remote to select Wi-Fi connection
- Select your home Wi-Fi network from the list
- Press OK on your Telstra TV remote control
- Enter your Wi-Fi password, if required.
Forgot your Wi-Fi password?
- ADSL, Cable, Mobile Broadband – call 133 933
- nbn™ broadband – call 1800 834 273 and select option 4
- Velocity – call 1800 008 994.
Good to know:
- The layout of your home may affect Wi-Fi performance. For tips on how to improve it, read our article on maximising Wi-Fi performance
To connect via Ethernet cable:
- Connect your Telstra TV to your modem with an Ethernet cable
- Use your Telstra TV remote to select Wired (Ethernet) connection
- Press OK on your Telstra TV remote control.
What’s an Ethernet cable?
An Ethernet cable is the type of cable that connects your modem to the wall socket. We don’t supply an Ethernet cable with your Telstra TV.
- Set your display type
- Select Auto detect display type
- If you are happy with the resolution select OK, go to automatic
- You will then be shown a screen at the determined definition.
- If the screen looks good select Yes, screen looks good
- If it is not a good quality select No, I will choose a different setting
- This will allow you to manually select a definition.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
Need more help?
Watch our videos below on;
How to install your Telstra TV®
How to set up live TV on your Telstra TV®
How to get the most out of your Telstra TV®
Still need to get in touch