Can I play shows and music from a hard drive or USB stick on my Telstra TV?
Yes, your Telstra TV lets you watch movies and TV shows, play music and view photos stored on external devices.
- Plug your external device into the USB port on the back of your Telstra TV box
- Go to the ‘apps’ menu on Your Telstra TV
- Add the ROKU Media Player app
- In the ROKU app, select Video, Music, or Photo
- Select the show or music you want to play
- Select OK.
Telstra TV can play these file types:
- Video – MKV, MP4, MOV, WMV
- Music – ACC, MP3, WMA, FLAC, WAV
- Photo – JPG, PNG, GIF (non-animated)
Frequently asked questions
On your Telstra TV remote control select Up, Back or Home.
Save a JPG file of the cover artwork in the same folder as the movie or album on your external hard drive or USB stick.
Use an HDMI cable to connect your Telstra TV to a television with Dolby Digital or DTS.
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
My Telstra app
View your services, pay your bill, troubleshoot tech issues, contact us via messaging and much more.
Speak to us in your preferred language. We've got you covered.
We're here to answer your questions.