Foxtel GO frequently asked questions
What is Foxtel GO?
Foxtel GO lets you watch Foxtel content on your phone, tablet or computer.
This article explains how to set up and use Foxtel GO.
Which content can I watch on Foxtel GO?
- Channels in your Foxtel from Telstra package
- Foxtel On Demand
How many devices can I use on Foxtel GO?
You can register five devices per Foxtel account.
However, you can only watch on up to two at a time.
How do I register a device to my Foxtel from Telstra account?
Once you’ve downloaded the app to your device:
- Open the app
- Sign in using your Foxtel account details
- Your device will then register automatically.
Can I change the devices registered to my Foxtel from Telstra account?
Yes, you can change one device per month.
To change a device:
- Sign in to Foxtel GO using your Foxtel account details
- Select the menu icon in the top right of your screen
- Go to Settings
- Choose Manage my devices
- Select the device you would like to de-register
- Choose Yes, do it to confirm your selection. (If you selected the wrong device selectCancel)
To register a new device, follow the steps above.
Can I download shows from Foxtel GO?
No, but you can stream them. This means they may use some of your data allowance as you watch them.
When you watch Foxtel GO at home on a Telstra home internet service the data is unmetered.
Can I use Foxtel GO as a remote control?
Yes, if you have Foxtel from Telstra with a FoxteliQ or iQHD set-top box you can change channels, as well as pause and rewind the last 30 minutes of Live TV.
You can also record programs from any location with mobile or Wi-Fi coverage.
Important: Remote control and remote recording won’t work on Samsung devices.
What does the ‘key’ beside a channel mean in Foxtel GO?
The key symbol means that channel isn't part of your package. To unlock these channels you need to upgrade your package.
Can I upgrade my Foxtel package through Foxtel GO?
Yes, Foxtel GO has parental controls.
To set up parental controls:
- Open Foxtel GO
- If you’re on a mobile phone, select the Menu symbol at the top left
- If you’re on a tablet, select the Settings symbol at the top right
- Select Parental controls
- You’ll be asked to set a PIN using your Foxtel IQ box
- Choose the classifications you want to block or unblock
- You’ll see a lock symbol beside the blocked channels.
Good to know:
- All R-rated content is automatically blocked
- You can’t set the parental control PIN in the app. You use your Foxtel IQ box.
- Only the account holder (the first username linked to your account) can change the parental control settings.
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
My Telstra app
View your services, pay your bill, troubleshoot tech issues, contact us via messaging and much more.
Speak to us in your preferred language. We've got you covered.
We're here to answer your questions.