How do I pair my Telstra TV Enhanced Remote?
Pairing your remote
To pair your Enhanced Remote with your Telstra TV 1 or Telstra TV 2:
- Go to Settings on your Telstra TV
- Select Enhanced Remote, then Pair Remote
- Follow the on-screen instructions to pair.
To pair your Enhanced Remote with your TV:
- Go to the Settings menu on your Telstra TV
- Select Enhanced Remote, then Set up remote for TV control
- Follow the on-screen prompts to pair.
We recommend you temporarily disconnect any sound bars or any external sound systems for this step.
Good to know:
Your Telstra TV Enhanced remote is designed to control volume and power on your TV. It can't control volume on other devices like an audio/video receiver (AVR) or sound bar, unless your TV can issue commands to them using HDMI CEC. For this to work, all your devices connected via HDMI must support HDMI CEC and it must be enabled on all devices. To learn if your TV, AVR or sound bar supports this technology, refer to the device's documentation. Some manufacturers may refer to HDMI CEC by a different name.
Using voice commands
To use voice commands with your Telstra TV Enhanced Remote:
- Press and hold the voice button on the remote control
- Speak at a natural volume and speed and say the desired action
- Release the voice button.
Example voice commands:
- Launch app. For example: "Launch Telstra Box Office"
- Play title. For example: "Play Batman"
- Pause title
- Resume title
- Tune to live TV
- Switch live TV channel. For example: "Switch to channel 9"
- Search for content across all apps by selecting Home, then searching. For example: "Search for Game of Thrones"
- Ask for help. For example: "I need help with voice"
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
My Telstra app
View your services, pay your bill, troubleshoot tech issues, contact us via messaging and much more.
Speak to us in your preferred language. We've got you covered.
We're here to answer your questions.