Managing your Netflix subscription
How do I confirm my Netflix subscription has been cancelled?
If you have successfully cancelled your Netflix subscription, you will receive a confirmation email from Netflix, which will be sent to the email address linked to your Netflix account when signing up through Telstra.
How do I manage my Netflix account details and settings?
Managing your Netflix subscription is easy.
To update your account details and settings, or change your subscription or payment method, log in to Netflix and select one of these links:
- Change your account details
- Change your password
- Change your payment method - If you change the payment method to credit card you won't be able to change back to Telstra as your payment method.
Note: The Extra Members feature is not available if you have selected Telstra Billing as your payment method. You will need to change your payment method.
Alternatively, visit your Netflix account page.
How do I upgrade my subscription?
Upgrades take effect immediately so you can enjoy the features of the higher plan straight away. Once that billing month has ended, you’ll be charged the new amount for your subscription on your regular billing date.
How do I downgrade my subscription
Downgrades don’t kick in until the start of the next Netflix billing month, so the price change won’t come into effect until the first day of your next billing month. You can continue to use the features of the higher plan until your next billing date.
How do I recover my login details?
If you have forgotten your password/username, you can reset it:
- Go to Netflix Login Help
- Choose how you would like to reset your password
- Follow the instructions sent to you.
What is my data usage with Netflix?
Your Netflix data usage will vary depending on the video quality of your stream.
Netflix offers 4 data usage settings. Data used per hour, per device:
- Low: Basic video and audio quality, up to 0.3 GB
- Medium: Standard video and audio quality, up to 0.7 GB
- High: Best video and audio quality
- High definition up to 3 GB per hour
- Ultra-high definition (4K) up to 7GB per hour
- Auto: Adjust automatically to deliver the highest possible quality, based on your current internet connection speed.
To adjust your data usage settings:
- Go to your Account page
- Select a Profile from Profile & Parental Controls
- Go to Playback settings and select Change
- Select your desired data usage setting
- Select Save.
Do I get the same Netflix content when I am billed through Telstra?
Yes. You're still subscribing directly to Netflix so you get access to exactly the same content that you would get if you purchased it directly. The advantage is you won't have the hassle of a separate bill.
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
My Telstra app
View your services, pay your bill, troubleshoot tech issues, contact us via messaging and much more.
Speak to us in your preferred language. We've got you covered.
We're here to answer your questions.