Kayo App Faqs
Managing your Kayo subscription
How do I confirm my subscription has been cancelled?
If you have successfully cancelled your subscription, you will receive a confirmation email from Kayo, which will be sent to the email address linked to your Kayo account when signing up through Telstra.
How do I manage my account details and settings?
Managing your Kayo subscription is made simple and easy.
To update or change your account details and settings, upgrade or downgrade your subscription, change your payment method or cancel your Kayo subscription, here’s how:
Simply ensure you are logged into Kayo on a web browser, and then select one of the links below.
- Change your account details - to update or change your account details and settings
- Change your password
- Change your payment method to credit card - you can select your Telstra bill as your payment method at sign up. If you change the payment method to credit card you cannot revert back to Telstra as your payment method.
Alternatively, you can go to Manage your account.
How do I upgrade my subscription?
You can upgrade your package up to twice a month (i.e. from Basic to Premium).
Upgrading your Kayo subscription is effective from the moment you upgrade your package, enabling you to use the new features straight away. Because of this, you're billed for the difference between the subscription plans for the remainder of the billing month via a pro-rata charge. The pro-rata amount will be calculated from the upgrade date to the end of the regular billing month. Once that billing month has ended, you’ll be charged the new amount for your subscription on your regular billing date.
How do I downgrade my subscription?
Downgrades don’t kick in until the start of the next billing month, so the price change won’t come into effect until the 1st day of your next billing month. You can continue to use the features of the higher plan until your next billing date.
How do I recover my login details?
If you have forgotten your Kayo password:
- Go to the Kayo login page
- Select Forgot password? below the Login option
- Enter the email linked to your Kayo account
- Follow the prompts in the email sent to you to reset your password.
If you have forgotten the email address you signed up to Kayo with:
- Go to Forgot my email/username and follow the instructions.
What is my data usage with Kayo?
When you stream sports and shows on Kayo, the amount of data used depends on a few factors:
- What the quality of your stream is (SD or HD)
- Whether the stream is live, a replay or an on-demand show
- If the Split View feature is in use.
|Screens||Video quality||Time watching||Data usage|
|3||1080p (HD)||1 hour||9.7GB|
|4||1080p (HD)||1 hour||13GB|
Kayo will work with Peace of Mind Data speed throttling - the minimum speed required for standard definition streaming quality on a mobile data connection is 1.5mbps. Note: with Peace of Mind, the video streaming speed is capped at 1.5mbps, so if you've set the video quality to HD, the streaming speed will be reduced to 1.5mbps.
If you don't have Peace of Mind Data, you can also control your data usage in the Kayo app.
- Video Playback: You can tailor your mobile data settings to:
- Wi-Fi only (this is the default setting). This means that you won't use your mobile data allowance when watching Kayo
- Wi-Fi + Cellular.
- Video Quality: You can change the quality of your video which will help you control your data usage. Your options are:
- Auto (will stream according to your internet connection- this is the default setting)
- Standard Definition (will stream at <1.5mbps)
- High Definition (will stream at up to 12mbps).
Do I get the same Kayo content when I sign up through Telstra?
Yes. You're still subscribing to Kayo so you get access to exactly the same content that you would get if you signed up direct. The advantage is you won't have the hassle of a separate bill if you choose to add it onto your Telstra bill and you may be eligible to sign up for an offer.
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
Speak to us in your preferred language. We've got you covered.