Set up on your mobile device
- If you’ve received an SMS or email from us about Kayo, first ensure you’re on the Telstra mobile network by disconnecting from Wi-Fi
- Tap or click the link you received via the SMS or email. If you can’t find the link, you can sign up via www.hub.telstra.com.au/kayo
- You’ll be prompted to sign with your mobile number or with your Telstra ID so we can retrieve your eligible offers
- Choose the service that you wish to redeem your Kayo offer with
- You’ll be sent a code to verify your account. Enter the code. If you didn’t receive the code, check with your account holder
- Choose the Kayo package you’d like to sign up to
- If you’re new to Kayo, follow the prompts to create a new Kayo account. If you have an existing Kayo account, click ‘Already have an account? Sign in to Kayo’ and use your existing Kayo login details to sign in
Once completed, your Kayo subscription will automatically be added to your Telstra bill, or be updated to the new offer pricing on your previous payment method for Kayo.
How much data does streaming Kayo use?
When you stream sports and shows on Kayo, the amount of data used depends on a few factors:
- What the quality of your stream is (SD or HD)
- Whether the stream is live, a replay or an on-demand show
- If the Split View feature is in use
The below table has a breakdown of approximate data usage:
|Screens||Video quality||Tme watching||Data usage|
|1||720p (SD)||1 hour||2.5GB|
|2||720p (SD)||1 hour||5GB|
|3||720p (SD)||1 hour||7.5GB|
|4||720p (SD)||1 hour||10GB|
|1||1080p (HD)||1 hour||3.25GB|
|2||1080p (HD)||1 hour||6.5GB|
|3||1080p (HD)||1 hour||9.7GB|
|4||1080p (HD)||1 hour||13GB|
Kayo will work with Peace of Mind Data speed throttling - the minimum speed required for standard definition streaming quality on a mobile data connection is 1.5mbps
If you don't have Peace of Mind Data, you can also control your data usage in the Kayo app:
- Video Playback: You can tailor your mobile data settings to:
- Wifi only (this is the default setting). This means that you won't use your mobile data allowance when watching Kayo.
- Wifi + Cellular
- Video Quality: You can change the quality of your video which will help you control your data usage. Your options are:
- Auto (will stream according to your internet connection- this is the default setting)
- Standard Definition (Will stream at <1.5mbps)
- High Definition (Will stream at up to 12mbps)
How do I manage billing for my Kayo subscription?
You can upgrade your package up to twice a month (i.e. from Basic to Premium and Premium back to Basic).
Upgrading your Kayo subscription is effective from the moment you upgrade your package, enabling you to use the new features straight away. Because of this, you're billed for the difference between the subscription plans for the remainder of the billing month via a pro-rata charge. The pro-rata amount will be calculated from the upgrade date to the end of the regular billing month. Once that billing month has ended, you’ll be charged the new amount for your subscription on your regular billing date.
To upgrade your account, visit: How do I change my Kayo subscription?
Downgrades don’t kick in until the start of the next billing month, so the price change won’t come into effect until the 1st day of your next billing month.
To downgrade your account, visit: How do I change my Kayo subscription?
To cancel your subscription, visit: How do I cancel my Kayo subscription?
Charges on your Telstra bill
If you have a question about the Kayo charges on your Telstra bill, speak to us on Live Chat
Changing your payment method
You can only select your Telstra bill as your payment method at sign up. If you change the payment method to credit card you cannot revert back to Telstra as your payment method.
To change your payment method to credit card, visit: How do I change my Kayo payment method?
If you have any further billing enquiries, please visit help.kayosports.com.au
Still need to get in touch