To start streaming sooner, select one of the below options to complete your Kayo subscription set up.
Set up via your Telstra TV
- Download the Kayo app from the App Store on your Telstra TV.
- Open the Kayo app on your Telstra TV and select Join Now.
- Choose the package you’d like to buy.
- Now that you’ve chosen your package, your details will be automatically updated. However, you’ll be prompted to create a password for added security. If your details can’t be verified on the Telstra network, you’ll need to sign up online at Kayo Sports.
- Finally, accept the Terms and Conditions.
Once you’ve completed your set up your Kayo subscription will automatically be added to your Telstra bill. If you wish to sign up using your credit card, you’ll need to complete your sign up at www.hub.telstra.com.au/kayo
Good to know:
Telstra TV requires a compatible TV with an HDMI port. A minimum internet speed of 3.5Mbps is recommended. Antenna required to access free-to-air channels in your area. Subscription and data charges apply. Search not available across all apps.
Set up on your mobile device
- If you’ve requested and received an SMS or email from us about Kayo, firstly ensure you’re on the mobile network by disconnecting from Wi-Fi
- Tap or click on the link you received via SMS or email to go to the setup page.
- Once you’ve reached the setup page, you’ll be prompted to sign in with your Telstra ID and password.
- Choose the package you’d like to purchase.
- Now that you’ve chosen your package your details will be automatically updated. However, you’ll be prompted to create a password for added security.
- Next, you’ll be sent a code to verify your account. Enter the code.
- Finally, you’ll be asked to select your preferred payment option. You can either add your Kayo subscription to your Telstra bill or pay via credit card by following the prompts.
How much data does streaming Kayo use?
When you stream sports and shows on Kayo, the amount of data used depends on a few factors:
- What the quality of your stream is (SD or HD)
- Whether the stream is live, a replay or an on-demand show
- If the Split View feature is in use
The below table has a breakdown of approximate data usage:
|Screens||Video quality||Tme watching||Data usage|
|1||720p (SD)||1 hour||2.5GB|
|2||720p (SD)||1 hour||5GB|
|3||720p (SD)||1 hour||7.5GB|
|4||720p (SD)||1 hour||10GB|
|1||1080p (HD)||1 hour||3.25GB|
|2||1080p (HD)||1 hour||6.5GB|
|3||1080p (HD)||1 hour||9.7GB|
|4||1080p (HD)||1 hour||13GB|
Kayo will work with Peace of Mind Data speed throttling - the minimum speed required for standard definition streaming quality on a mobile data connection is 1.5mbps
If you don't have Peace of Mind Data, you can also control your data usage in the Kayo app:
- Video Playback: You can tailor your mobile data settings to:
- Wifi only (this is the default setting). This means that you won't use your mobile data allowance when watching Kayo.
- Wifi + Cellular
- Video Quality: You can change the quality of your video which will help you control your data usage. Your options are:
- Auto (will stream according to your internet connection- this is the default setting)
- Standard Definition (Will stream at <1.5mbps)
- High Definition (Will stream at up to 6mbps)
How do I manage billing for my Kayo subscription?
You can upgrade your package up to twice a month (i.e. from Basic to Premium and Premium back to Basic).
Upgrading your Kayo subscription is effective from the moment you upgrade your package, enabling you to use the new features straight away. Because of this, you're billed for the difference between the subscription plans for the remainder of the billing month via a pro-rata charge. The pro-rata amount will be calculated from the upgrade date to the end of the regular billing month. Once that billing month has ended, you’ll be charged the new amount for your subscription on your regular billing date.
To upgrade your account, visit: How do I change my Kayo subscription?
Downgrades don’t kick in until the start of the next billing month, so the price change won’t come into effect until the 1st day of your next billing month.
To downgrade your account, visit: How do I change my Kayo subscription?
What happens after my free trial?
If you're moving to a subscription after a Kayo free trial, the billing date will commence on the first day of the new subscription once the free trial has ended. The new subscription charges will appear on your bill from the next month.
To cancel your subscription, visit: How do I cancel my Kayo subscription?
Charges on your Telstra bill
If you have a question about the Kayo charges on your Telstra bill, speak to us on Live Chat
Changing your payment method
You can only select your Telstra bill as your payment method at sign up. If you change the payment method to credit card you cannot revert back to Telstra as your payment method.
To change your payment method to credit card, visit: How do I change my Kayo payment method?
If you have any further billing enquiries, please visit help.kayosports.com.au
Still need to get in touch
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions.