In most cases if you switch over to the nbn™ network from an existing connection, it won’t cost you anything to connect to the nbn network.
Charges will apply if you;
- connect a new phone/internet service
- move into an nbn ready address
- choose a casual plan
- connect a newly built property
- get a technician to help
- add extras like more connection points
- need additional equipment that is not included in your plan. (e.g. new modem on a casual plan, network extenders, home phone handset)
Check out the table below for more details about the fees that could apply to you:
|Connection Fees||When it applies|
|Home Phone and/or Broadband Activation Fee||$99||
|Home Phone and/or Broadband Moving Home Fee||$89||
|Casual Plan Fee||$120||
|Professional Installation Fee*
|nbn New Development Charge||$300||
|Temporary Connection Charge||$100||
|Additional Connection Points Charge||Variable||
What if I have a concession card?
- If you have an eligible pension concession card, you may get discounts on some connection fees. Check with your Telstra representative when you place your nbn connection order.
Good to know:
- If professional Installation is something that Telstra requires, for example with a Home Phone only or Medical Priority Assistance installation, then you won’t be charged the professional installation fee.