In most cases if you switch over to the nbn™ network from an existing connection, it won’t cost you anything to connect to the nbn network.
Charges will apply if you;
- connect a new phone/internet service
- move into an nbn ready address
- choose a casual plan
- connect a newly built property
- get a technician to help
- add extras like more connection points
- need additional equipment that is not included in your plan. (e.g. new modem on a casual plan, network extenders, home phone handset)
Check out the table below for more details about the fees that could apply to you:
|Connection Fees||When it applies|
|Home Phone and/or Broadband Activation Fee||$99||
|Home Phone and/or Broadband Moving Home Fee||$89||
|Casual Plan Fee||$120||
|Professional Installation Fee*
|nbn New Development Charge||$300||
|Temporary Connection Charge||$100||
|Additional Connection Points Charge||Variable||
What if I have a concession card?
- If you have an eligible pension concession card, you may get discounts on some connection fees. Check with your Telstra representative when you place your nbn connection order.
Good to know:
- If professional Installation is something that Telstra requires, for example with a Home Phone only or Medical Priority Assistance installation, then you won’t be charged the professional installation fee.
Still need to get in touch
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions.