This article explains how to manage your emails so you don’t go over your storage limit.
How much storage do I get?
Telstra gives you 10 GB of storage per email address for your emails, contacts and attachments.
What happens if I reach my 10GB storage limit?
We will email you when your storage is full. You can still access your Telstra email, however:
- You won’t be able to receive new emails
- You won’t be able to send emails.
To send and receive emails you need to reduce your storage to less than 10GB.
How do I free up storage?
Move unwanted emails to the ‘Trash’ folder. Emails in the Trash folder will be permanently deleted after 7 days.
Good to know
- Emails in your ‘Trash’ and all other folders (eg the ‘Sent’ folder) count towards your storage total until they are permanently deleted.
To empty the ‘Trash’ folder immediately:
- Hover the cursor over the ‘Trash’ folder
- Select the trashcan symbol.
How can I see how much storage I’ve used?
- Go to Telstra Mail
- Select Settings at the top right
- Select Mail from the left-hand menu
- You’ll see your usage at the bottom of the page
Still need to get in touch
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions.