I forgot my username
To recover your Telstra email username, you’ll need the following information:
- Your email address
- Your Telstra home phone number
- Your mobile number
- Your date of birth
I forgot my email password
To reset your Telstra email password, you’ll need the following information:
- Your username
- Your date of birth
Good to know: If you use a non-Telstra email program like Outlook or Windows Mail, you’ll need to update your password there too.
The setup is different for each device. You can find the specific instructions for your phone or tablet on our Device Guides.
On the Mobile Support Page:
- Search for your device name and model number
- Select Messaging and Email
- Select Set up your phone for Telstra Mail
If your device needs manual email setup, use our IMAP, POP and SMTP mail server settings.
This is Microsoft licensed technology that allows for the synchronisation of email, contacts, calendar, tasks and notes across mobile devices. Telstra Mail does not support EAS however follows open standards offered for email, contacts and calendar synchronisation i.e. IMAP, CardDav & CalDAV protocols.
To keep your Telstra email address after closing your Telstra account, just let us know when you close the account.
It’s free to keep for the first 12 months after you cease to be a Telstra customer. After that, it’s $79 a year.
To close a mailbox:
- Sign in to My Telstra using your Telstra ID
- From the Home page, select the Profile icon at the top of the screen page. If you have more than one account, you will need to select the relevant account from the blue bar at the top of the screen
- Scroll down and find the existing mailbox, then from the left-hand menu, select Manage mailboxes
- From the list, select the mailbox you wish to close and select Manage mailboxes
- A new window will open. Select the mailbox you want to close and then select Close mailbox
- Select Confirm. Allow 30 minutes for your mailbox to be closed.
To re-open a mailbox:
- Mailboxes closed more than 6 months ago are no longer available.
- If you’ve closed a mailbox in the last 6 months and would like to see if it can be re-opened, contact us.
Validating your new Telstra email address will make sure your account is secure and that your emails are sent to your correct address.
How to validate your email address
When you receive a validation email from email@example.com
- Open the email
- Click the Verify my email link
Good to know: If you want to change your email address or your email validation link has expired, contact us.
If you received a validation email but haven’t requested a new email address, contact Telstra immediately by clicking the Let us know link in the validation email.
You can have your Telstra Mail emails forwarded to another email address automatically. Here’s how:
- Sign in to My Telstra in a browser with your Telstra ID and password.
- Go to Settings – the cog symbol
- Select Mail and then select Auto-forward
- Tick Enable Auto-forward
- Enter in the full email address where you want emails to be sent in the Destination field. To specify several email addresses, separate each one with a comma
- Keep a copy in your inbox will be ticked by default. Untick this if you do not require copies to be kept
- Select the Save symbol.
The use of a virtual private network (VPN) may affect your ability to access, send or receive emails. There’s a chance the IP address it assigns you may be on our block list.
Check if your VPN is active during email use. If it is, turn it off and try sending or receiving your emails. If your email now works, the inability to access your emails was because of your VPN.
Try these troubleshooting steps if you’re having issues sending or receiving emails.
To set it up:
- Go to Sign in to webmail
- Log in using your Telstra email address and password. Forgotten something? Retrieve your mail address or reset your password
- Go to your Inbox and tick any spam emails
- Select More in the top right corner
- From the dropdown menu select More
- Select Mark as Spam
Good to know: The more you use the spam filter, the more accurate it becomes. Using the 'Mark as Spam' button doesn’t immediately block the sender. You may still get some emails from the sender as the filter refines its data.
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
My Telstra app
View your services, pay your bill, troubleshoot tech issues, contact us via messaging and much more
We're here to answer your questions.
If you'd like to speak with us in your preferred language, we've got you covered.