How do I pair my Telstra TV Enhanced Remote to my Telstra TV1 or Telstra TV2?
- To pair your Enhanced Remote to your Telstra TV 1 or Telstra TV 2, go to settings>enhanced remote>pair remote. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair.
- To pair your remote control to your TV, go to settings>enhanced remote>set up remote for TV control. Follow the on-screen prompts. We recommend you temporarily disconnect any sound bars or any external sound systems for this step.
How do I use the voice button on my Telstra TV Enhanced Remote?
- Press and hold the Voice Button on the remote control. Speak in a natural volume and speed and say the action you want your Telstra TV to do. Release the voice button.
- A list of the functions we have already built include:
- Launch app
- For example: “Launch Telstra Box Office”
- Play title
- For example “Play Batman”
- Pause title
- Resume title
- Tune to live TV
- Switch Live TV channel
- For example “Switch to channel 9”
- Launch app
- If you wish to search for content across all apps you can do this by pressing Home, then use the above steps to use voice control to search for the content or title you want.
- For example “Search for Game of Thrones”
- You can also ask for help by holding down the mic button on your enhanced remote and say ‘I need help with voice’ or go to the home page and scroll down to the bottom of the page and select ‘Using the Enhanced Remote for Voice’
Can I use my Telstra TV Enhanced Remote to control other devices?
- Your Telstra TV Enhanced remote is designed to control volume and power on your TV. It cannot directly control other devices connected to your TV, such as an audio/video receiver (AVR) or sound bar.
- However, your TV may be able to issue volume commands to your AVR or sound bar using a technology called HDMI CEC. In these cases, your Telstra Enhanced Remote can indirectly control volume for your AVR or sound bar. For this to work, all your devices connected via HDMI must support HDMI CEC and it must be enabled on all devices. To learn if your TV, AVR or sound bar supports this technology refer to the device's documentation. Be aware that manufacturers may refer to HDMI CEC by a different name.
Still need to get in touch