Your shopping cart is empty
Showing 32 articles
Telstra Online Essentials FAQs
McAfee Endpoint Protection Essential for SMB FAQs
McAfee Endpoint Protection Essential for SMB How-to
Assigning and Unassigning applications
McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection, Advanced and TOPs Exit FAQs
McAfee Endpoint Protection Essential offer
How to create a Telstra Apps Marketplace account
How to remove a user from your Telstra Apps Marketplace Company
About our Terms & Conditions
Upgrading and downgrading applications
Who do I contact if I have a question about my company’s bill?
Overdue Invoices / Bills
How to transfer your Office 365 subscription to Telstra
How to register with an Australian Company Number (ACN)
How to view all the users in your company
Account Billing Options?
Telstra Apps Marketplace Complaints
Does the Telstra Apps Marketplace bill in advance or in arrears?
Suspended Applications or Services
Why was my credit card payment declined?
How to set up single billing with your Telstra services
How to update your Credit Card details
How to buy applications?
Ways to discover various business apps we have to offer
How to increase or decrease subscription units
Cisco Spark – Cloud Collaboration Management Portal
Red Hat OpenShift FAQs
We have created a helpful FAQ's to assist you with understanding and using Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated from Telstra.
Telstra has integrated OpenShift Dedicated with Telstra Online Identity, so refer to this FAQ for information about user creation and login, in particular.
If you are looking for Red Hat’s technical documentation, please click here.
Additional Red Hat documentation and support is also accessible from the Red Hat Network account associated with your OpenShift Dedicated cluster. You can login to your Red Hat Network account via the Red Hat Customer Portal**.
1. What is OpenShift Dedicated?
OpenShift is Red Hat's container application Platform-as-a-Service that allows developers to quickly develop, build, deploy, and manage containerised services and applications in a cloud environment.
OpenShift Dedicated gives customers access to the latest version of OpenShift Container Platform, hosted on Amazon Web Services within a private cluster, and managed by Red Hat. Key product features include:
- Rapid deployment and scaling of applications, supporting a wide variety of languages and additional services, including Red Hat JBoss middleware services
- Latest containerisation technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
- Open Source standards to enhance application portability and enable rapid change
- Private cluster ensuring isolation of users, applications and services from other OpenShift customers
- Hosting in most regions supported by Amazon EC2 (global region availability)
- Option to extend OpenShift Dedicated to your i) corporate network through a secure private connection ii) existing user authentication system, if it is based on Azure Active Directory
- Infrastructure managed, configured and maintained by Red Hat
- 24x7 support from Telstra and Red Hat
2. What is my OpenShift Cluster ID?
Your OpenShift Cluster ID is an all lowercase alphanumeric and/or hyphens string which is used to identify your OpenShift Dedicated cluster. Your Cluster ID is provided to your Business and Technical Contacts in a service activation email*. It can also be sourced from the URL you use to access your OpenShift Dedicated web console: https://console.<clusterid>.openshift.com
3. I don’t understand my bill for OpenShift Dedicated?
OpenShift Dedicated and its Add-ons are purchased as a 12 month subscription, with the annual cost billed monthly over the 12 month period.
Your first and last monthly bill for OpenShift Dedicated and its Add-ons may be pro-rated to align to the Telstra Apps Marketplace billing cycle, which commences at the start of every month. Your monthly bill is charged in-advance, not in-arrears, so your first bill will likely contain a pro-rated charge, plus your first full monthly charge.
If you buy an Add-on for a previously purchased OpenShift Dedicated cluster, additional pro-rating will apply. Your Add-on’s subscription term and total cost may be reduced to align to the remainder of your overall OpenShift Dedicated subscription term. If you have purchased the “Additional 12TB of Network I/O per Year” Add-on, your additional 12TB of network I/O will also be pro-rated and reduced to align to the remainder of your overall OpenShift Dedicated subscription term. Please refer to the following example:
An “Additional 12TB of Network I/O per Year” Add-on is purchased at an annual cost of $1200, 3 months after OpenShift Dedicated was purchased. This means that the OpenShift Dedicated cluster expires in 9 months’ time. In this scenario, the term of the Add-on would be reduced to 9 months to align the Add-on term to the OpenShift Dedicated cluster term. The total cost would be proportionally reduced to $900. The additional network I/O would also be proportionally reduced to 9TB.
If you require further assistance about your bill, please call us on 1800 878 483 Monday to Friday between 8am and 7pm (AEST).
Renewal and Cancellation
4. When should I renew my OpenShift Dedicated cluster and Add-ons?
Your OpenShift Dedicated subscription term is twelve months, and is set to auto-cancel. To ensure that there is no disruption to your service, you must notify Telstra of your intent to renew at least 30 days prior to the expiry of your subscription. We will contact you via email to alert you about your subscriptions approaching expiry.
5. How do I renew my OpenShift Dedicated cluster and associated Add-ons?
To renew your OpenShift Dedicated cluster and associated Add-ons, you must contact your Telstra Representative and complete an application form.
6. What happens if I don’t renew my OpenShift Dedicated cluster and Add-ons?
If you do not renew your OpenShift Dedicated cluster before your subscription expiry date, your cluster will enter a state of reduced functionality for thirty days from the day of expiry. During these thirty days, you will retain API access to your cluster to allow you to migrate your data and applications if required. After these thirty days, your cluster will be cancelled and decommissioned.
7. How do I extract my data if I choose not to renew?
If you have an application that relies on a back-end databases stored in a container on OpenShift Dedicated (i.e. using PostgresSQL, MySQL, and MongoDB), please ensure you make regular back-ups and exports of your data. You will need to use an appropriate method supported by the individual database(s) you are using to extract your data.
8. Can I cancel my OpenShift Dedicated cluster and/or an Add-on during my subscription period?
OpenShift Dedicated and its Add-ons are purchased as twelve month subscriptions and cannot be cancelled or downgraded prior to the end of their subscription period. If you decide that you no longer wish to use a service before the end of your subscription period, it is recommended that you migrate your data and applications (if relevant) out of your environment and let your subscription lapse (i.e. do not renew). You will continue to receive a monthly bill from Telstra for the duration of your twelve month subscription.
Adds, Moves and Changes
9. How do I buy additional Add-ons for my OpenShift Dedicated cluster?
To buy additional Add-ons for your OpenShift Dedicated cluster, you must contact your Telstra Representative and complete an application form.
10. Can I view a summary of all of the Add-ons I have bought for my cluster?
Yes - there are a few options available to you:
- You can view the add-ons you have ordered by referring to your application form/s. Your Technical and Business Contacts should have access to these forms.
- Your Technical and Business Contacts were provided with access to the Telstra Apps Marketplace during the provisioning of your cluster. Login to your Telstra Apps Marketplace account and go to Applications. Find your OpenShift Dedicated subscription, and then click the Order History tab.
11. I’ve just bought a JBoss Add-on. How do I install or deploy it to my cluster?
Please refer to public documentation from Red Hat at the below URLs:
12. How many nodes can I install my JBoss Add-ons onto?
Purchasing a JBoss Add-on entitles you to deploy the purchased software onto a single Application Node within your OpenShift Dedicated cluster. Additional Add-on purchases are required if you wish to deploy onto multiple Application Nodes.
13. How do I change the storage and network configuration of my OpenShift Dedicated cluster?
To change the storage and/or network configuration for your OpenShift Dedicated cluster, you must contact Red Hat support (see question 22 below).
User Creation and Login
14. How do I login to my OpenShift Dedicated cluster?
By default, up to five OpenShift Dedicated Administrators are provided with access to your OpenShift Dedicated cluster, based on information provided in your application form. Your Technical Contact is one of these OpenShift Dedicated Administrators. You will need to setup access for any additional users (see question 16 below).
There are two ways existing users can login to your OpenShift Dedicated cluster:
- OpenShift Dedicated web console - Use the unique web console URL provided in your activation email*, and authenticate using your Telstra Online Identity when prompted.
- CLI (command line interface) – Download and install the required CLI tools by logging into the Red Hat Network account associated with your Openshift Dedicated subscription**. Login to the OpenShift Dedicated web console as per instructions above. Click “About” and copy and paste the “current session token command” into your command line. For more information, click here.
15. Why do I need to login with a Telstra Online Identity?
We have integrated Telstra Online Identity with OpenShift Dedicated to provide you with the best possible experience. By using Telstra Online Identity to login to OpenShift Dedicated, you are able to re-use existing credentials that you use to access and manage other Telstra Services including Cloud Infrastructure Services. Telstra Online Identity also allows you to use an existing user authentication system based on Azure Active Directory to access your OpenShift Dedicated cluster.
16. How do I create new basic user accounts for developers and/or operational staff?
The new user must first access the OpenShift Dedicated login page by using the unique OpenShift Dedicated web console URL provided in your company’s service activation email*. Once at the login page, the new user will be prompted to login with an existing or create a new Telstra Online Identity.
Once the new user’s Telstra Online Identity has been created, the Telstra Online Identity username must be provided to an OpenShift Dedicated Administrator***. If the username is an email address, it must be provided in lowercase. If the username is not an email address, it must be a combination of User ID and Business ID, and must be provided in uppercase in the following format user_ID#business_ID.
The OpenShift Dedicated Administrator must then create a new user object in OpenShift Dedicated via the CLI, using the supplied Telstra Online Identity username. Ensure that the casing and formatting described above is observed. The CLI can be downloaded and installed by logging into the Red Hat Network account associated with your Openshift Dedicated subscription**.
For more technical information on OpenShift user creation and management via CLI please refer to the OpenShift User Creation and Management guide.
17. How do I create a new OpenShift Dedicated Administrator?
To create a new OpenShift Dedicated Administrator, you must first create a new OpenShift Dedicated user (see question 16 above), and then increase this users privileges by raising a support case with Red Hat (see question 22 below).
18. How do I create a new Telstra Online Identity?
Go to the Cloud Services Store login/registration page. Choose the login/registration option most relevant to you, and follow the prompts to setup a new Telstra Online Identity.
19. Can I use my on premise corporate identity to login instead?
If your organisation uses Active Directory, you can synchronise it with Azure AD, and then use Azure AD as your Telstra Online Identity, allowing you to use your existing corporate credentials to access your OpenShift Dedicated cluster.
20. How do I raise a support query with Telstra?
To raise a support query with Telstra, you must be a Company or Billing Admin on the Telstra Apps Marketplace account associated with your OpenShift Dedicated cluster. You can raise a support ticket by calling 1800 878 483 or by using the Telstra Apps Marketplace self-service ticketing portal. By default, your Technical and Business Contacts have authority to raise support tickets with Telstra.
21. I want to enable additional users and/or OpenShift Dedicated Administrators to raise support queries with Telstra. How do I do this?
Your Technical and Business Contacts can invite additional users to the Telstra Apps Marketplace account as a Company or Billing Admin, enabling them to also raise support tickets with Telstra.
22. How do I raise a support query with Red Hat?
To raise a support query with Red Hat, you must be a user on the Red Hat Network account associated with your OpenShift Dedicated cluster**. You can raise a support ticket by calling 1800 888 297 or by logging into the relevant Red Hat Network account via the Red Hat Customer Portal.
23. I want to enable additional users and/or OpenShift Dedicated Administrators to raise support queries with Red Hat. How do I do this?
Your Technical Contact can invite additional users to the relevant Red Hat Network account, enabling these users to also raise support tickets with Red Hat (via phone and self service).
24. How do I register to receive alerts about the status of my OpenShift Dedicated cluster?
By default, your Technical Contact and up to four additional OpenShift Dedicated Administrators were provided access to your OpenShift Dedicated cluster based on information provided in your application form. These users were also registered for status alerts for your cluster.
If you have created a new user who you would also like to register to receive status alerts, please raise a support case with Red Hat (see question 22 above).
* After your OpenShift Dedicated cluster is activated, your Technical and Business Contacts will receive a service activation email containing configuration information and access to tools (such as the CLI) required for you to use your OpenShift Dedicated cluster.
** By default, your Technical Contact is provided access to the Red Hat Network account associated with your OpenShift Dedicated cluster. Refer to question 23 above for details on how additional users can be given access to this Red Hat Network account.
*** By default, up to five OpenShift Dedicated Administrators are provided with access to your OpenShift Dedicated cluster, based on information from your application form. Your Technical Contact is one of these OpenShift Dedicated Administrators. Please refer to the OpenShift Access Guide for a visual representation of the various user roles and logins provided for OpenShift Dedicated from Telstra.
Red Hat Openshift Dedicated User Creation and Management Guide
How to reset a password
Update your company’s information
How to view your bills online
Haven't received an email from us in a while?
How to change your company's name
How to change your existing password
McAfee Multi Access Service FAQs
Symantec How to
Zunos FAQ's (Formally ARISapp)
How to change your primary email address
How to raise and track a support ticket
Symantec.cloud™ Web Safeguard FAQ's
How to invite users to join your company
Symantec cloud™ Email Protect & Symantec cloud™ Email Safeguard FAQ's
Symantec™ Smart Connect FAQ's
Veritas Enterprise Vault.cloud™ FAQ's
Domain name FAQ's
SEO Services FAQ's
Squirrel Street FAQ's
Time Tracker FAQ's
McAfee Multi Access licence How-to
Domain name How-to
Website Hosting Services FAQ's
Workforce Guardian FAQ's
What is the Telstra Apps Marketplace
How to add or reduce the number of users for Office 365
How to set up a domain name for Office 365
How to upgrade the edition of your Office 365 subscription
Midsized Business Office 365 plan update
Small Business Premium Plan Update FAQ's
Ways to discover the various business apps we have to offer
How easy was it to complete your task on Telstra.com today?
Thanks for your feedback.