Transferring your mobile number, also known as ‘porting’, is the process of moving your phone number from one telecommunications provider to another.
When you purchase a device or SIM Kit from Telstra, you can choose to keep your current mobile number or get a new one. If you want to keep your current mobile number, we can transfer it over to the Telstra network in a few easy steps:
- Visit our online shop to view our plans, or purchase and activate a Pre-Paid SIM kit
- We’ll ask you to provide your personal information to complete your transfer
- If we have any ID issues, we’ll call you on the number you gave us. We’ll also send you a text to let you know when the transfer is complete so you can start using your service
- Visit your nearest Telstra store
- Contact us to speak to a Telstra representative
We can only transfer your mobile number during these operating hours:
- Monday-Friday: 8am – 8pm (AEST/AEDT)
- Saturday, Easter Monday and Queen’s Birthday: 10am – 6pm (AEST/AEDT)
For all other times, you can submit your request and the transfer will start the next business day.
Good to know: You need to be the account holder to transfer a mobile service from one provider to another.
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
Got a question? Join our online community that's open 24x7.
Speak to us in your preferred language. We've got you covered.