Still not working?
If you’ve tried the steps above and you’re still having issues, sign in to My Telstra for more in-depth troubleshooting and ways to fix connection issues.
As a last resort, you may need to perform a factory reset of your device.
Frequently asked questions
Find the answers to help fix an issue with your mobile device.
If you’re having trouble connecting to a mobile network, try the following:
- Check that the aeroplane mode is turned off.
- Sign into My Telstra to check if you have data left in your allowance.
- Restart your phone by turning it off, waiting a minute, then turning it back on.
- Try your SIM card in another device.
- Check for outages
- Check Fraud Prevention if your service is showing 'SOS' only mode and you've recently received suspicious calls or notifications
If you’re still having issues, follow these steps to perform a network reset.
- Under Settings, select General
- Select Reset, and select Reset Network Settings.
Still not working?
If you’ve tried all of the above with no luck, you could try factory resetting your device.
If you’re having trouble making voice calls, we recommend the following steps:
- Restart the device
- Check that aeroplane mode is turned off and mobile data is turned on
- Check for software updates
- Check you have data left in your allowance
If you’re having trouble with MessageBank® Plus, try these steps and check your MessageBank® Plus messages after each step:
- Check your network connection; if you’re offline MessageBank® Plus won’t work
- Make sure voicemail is set up; try calling your number and leave a voicemail
If these steps don’t help, you might want to reset your network settings.
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
My Telstra app
View your services, pay your bill, troubleshoot tech issues, contact us via messaging and much more
We're here to answer your questions.
Find your nearest Telstra store or Wi-Fi hotspot.