How do I restart my device?
It’s an old cliché, but turning your device off and on again can help fix some problems. To turn your device off, locate the power button.
Restart an Apple iPhone
Follow these steps to restart your Apple iPhone. We recommend waiting a minute or two before turning the device back on.
- Hold either the volume button and the side button until the power off slider appears
- Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off
- To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.
Restart an Android phone
Follow these steps to restart your Android phone. We recommend waiting a minute or two before turning the device back on.
- Hold the power button for a few seconds, until the onscreen power menu appears
- Select the Power off option and wait for the device to shut down
- Press the power button to restart the device
Restart other devices
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
My Telstra app
View your services, pay your bill, troubleshoot tech issues, contact us via messaging and much more.
Speak to us in your preferred language. We've got you covered.
We're here to answer your questions.