Account access permission
Can I give someone permission to access my account?
As an Account Owner, you can give others permission to access and manage your Telstra account and services. Simply choose the type of authority level you want your contact to have. You can update or remove them at any time.
You can nominate an authorised contact to contact us on your behalf (please make sure you give us permission to speak with them before they contact us).
Levels of authority:
- Account Owner
- Full Authority
- Limited Authority
- Third Party Authority
When you add an authorised contact to your account, you remain responsible for the costs and debts incurred by them on your account.
To add someone as an authorised contact, you can contact us, via voice or messaging, or use My Telstra. You need that person’s full name, phone number and date of birth. Once we’ve added them, we’ll send you an email verification. To protect your account, there's a 48-hour holding period before activating full authority contacts in My Telstra.
There are some limitations in terms of where different types of authorised contacts can transact on your account:
- In store – all authority levels can transact as per their permission levels listed below
- Over the phone - all authority levels can transact as per their permission levels listed below
- Online – only Account Owners can transact for now. We’re working on this, please watch this space
- My Telstra – all authority levels can transact as per their permission levels listed below.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Is the person who’s name the account and services are in
- Can access and view the whole account via online tools (such as My Telstra app and in a browser)
- Can add and remove people as Full Authority, Limited Authority or Third Party Authority, and view their details
- Can view and modify their own ID, address and contact details
You can also have an advocate to speak on your behalf with your consent when you are present. An advocate can’t act on your behalf or access your account or information without you being present.
Advocates may include:
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
My Telstra app
View your services, pay your bill, troubleshoot tech issues, contact us via messaging and much more.
Speak to us in your preferred language. We've got you covered.
We're here to answer your questions.