How do I make a payment?
AutoPay for upfront plans
If you're on an upfront plan, the only way to pay for your service is by an AutoPay payment from your bank account or credit/debit card. You’ll be required to set up your AutoPay details when you sign up for this plan and you can update your payment method in the My Telstra app.
If you've received a payment failure notification no further attempts will be made to take the payment. You'll need to make a manual one-off payment and you can choose to do this, either by:
- Using the link contained in the email you received, or
- Going to the Payments tab in the My Telstra app and selecting 'Pay now'
To ensure your AutoPay payment is successful next month:
Check and update your AutoPay details (in the My Telstra app: select Payments - Payment methods)
Check that your default credit card details haven't expired
Avoid late payment fees
- We don't charge late payment fees when you're on direct debit.
- Automatic payments take the stress out of remembering to pay your bill, just set and forget.
- We’ll let you know 2 weeks before we take out your next payment.
- We’ll tell you the total amount owing, and you’ll be able to check all your charges online too.
Get rewarded with Telstra Plus
- Join Telstra Plus and earn 10 points per $1 on your eligible payments. Earn bonus points when you take up special member offers.
- Use your points towards discounts on must-have devices, accessories and more in the Rewards store.
Pay using BPAY®
If you already have BPAY®:
1. Sign in to your online banking
2. Choose the BPAY® payment option in the payments section
- Telstra BPAY® biller code (23796)
- BPAY® reference number (this is your account number, at the bottom of your bill)
- Amount you want to pay
4. Click Pay
If you’d like to set up BPAY®:
- Sign in to your financial institution’s website, search for BPAY® and follow the prompts
- Alternatively, contact your financial institution directly