How do I get more time to pay?
We understand that life doesn't always go to plan and there might be the odd occasion where you find yourself needing a bit more time to pay your bill. We get that and we're here to help.
Our upfront plans work in a different way to services receiving a monthly bill.
- If you need more time to pay or have a failed AutoPay payment, you have 10 business days from the payment date to make a manual payment directly, via My Telstra.
- You don't need to contact us if you can make a payment within this time and your service will continue to operate as normal.
- Your service will only be suspended if a successful payment is not received after 10 business days.
- If your service has been suspended, the suspension will be lifted within 1 hour of the successful payment being received.
- You won’t be charged any late fees or payment processing fees.
If you require further payment assistance, please contact us on 1800 531 951 for support options.
Services that receive a monthly bill
To apply for a payment extension, you'll first need to check your eligibility:
- You have less than $2000 to pay
- You have no existing or overdue payment arrangements
- You haven’t broken a payment arrangement in the last 6 months
If you’re not eligible for a payment extension, please get in touch with us about other options.
If you’re eligible, make sure you have your account number, home number or mobile number handy. You can apply for a payment extension through:
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
My Telstra app
Speak to us in your preferred language. We've got you covered.