Telstra 4G gives you faster streaming and less buffering in more places. Get a better video experience with typical download speeds of 2-50Mbps (available to 4G devices) across an area that has the largest 4G coverage of any mobile network in Australia. Outside 4G areas, you’ll switch to our fastest available 3G speeds.
Australia’s largest mobile network
Get more bars in more places with Australia’s largest mobile network covering more than 2.4 million square kilometres, so you can do more on the go.
Telstra 4GX brings you the fastest 4G speeds on your 4GX device in Australia, up to three times as fast as our regular 4G on a compatible mobile device in a 4GX area. Which means faster downloads, streaming and browsing.
Australia’s best mobile network
Trust Telstra to connect you with the people and things you love and get the most out of your busy lifestyle. With more than 8,500 mobile coverage sites nationwide, the Telstra Mobile Network has fewer dead spots and drop outs and works better in more places – such as in buildings – than any other Australian mobile network.
Committed to always being the best
We’re focused on bringing you brilliant experiences on our mobile network. Great things you can look forward to include:
- Ultra-fast 1Gbps mobile network speed capabilities in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane CBD’s in 2016.
- Expanding 4G coverage from 98% of the Australian population today to 99% of the Australian population by June 2017.
- Cutting-edge technologies like Voice over Wi-Fi that switches your call between our mobile network and a Wi-Fi network to give you better indoor coverage. Set to launch by mid-2016.
- Next generation in video calls – Video over LTE.
- Rolling out of LTE-Broadcast (LTE-B) technology that will make it possible to receive high-quality video broadcasts on your mobile – even in crowded spaces like sporting stadiums.
We’re continuously extending and improving our mobile coverage but need your help to find network black spots. This is where we indicate there’s mobile or mobile broadband coverage but if it doesn't perform to expectations (e.g. the line may drop out, reception is poor, or there may be little or no reception at all) let us know.
Before completing the form, please perform these basic troubleshooting checks.
Things you need to know
The Telstra Mobile Network offers 4G in all capital CBDs and associated airports, most surrounding suburban areas and in over 600 regional towns. you’ll automatically switch to our fastest available 3G in other coverage areas around Australia. Check coverage at telstra.com/coverage.
The Telstra Mobile Network offers 4GX in all capital CBDs and selected suburban and regional areas and is progressively rolling out to more places. In other coverage areas around Australia, you’ll automatically switch to our fastest available 4G or 3G. Check coverage at telstra.com/coverage.
Speeds vary for reasons like location, distance from base stations, terrain, user numbers, hardware/software configuration, download source and upload destination.