There are several ways you can switch to Telstra:
- Visit our online shop
- We’ll ask you to provide your personal information to complete your switch.
- If we have any ID issues, we’ll call you on the number you gave us. We’ll also send you a text to let you know when the transfer is complete so you can start using your service.
- Visit your nearest Telstra store
- Call 132200 and say ‘Mobile Sales’ to talk to a Telstra representative.
Good to know:
- You need to be the account holder to switch from one provider to another.
Can I keep my mobile number?
Yes - You can keep your existing mobile number regardless of whether you take up a monthly plan or a Pre-Paid offer.
Will I incur an Early Termination Charge?
You may have to pay an early termination charge to your existing mobile service provider, when you switch to Telstra. It’s a good idea to check with them before placing the order.
Will I get a new SIM card?
Yes - when you switch over to Telstra we’ll give you a new SIM card, which may need to be activated. It will have the same number if you requested to keep your existing number.
What information do I need?
- Your account number for your existing service: if your service is on a plan, look on your most recent bill. If you’re heading to a Telstra shop, bring your most recent bill with you.
- Your name and address details
- Your date of birth
- The phone number you want to keep when you switch to us
- An alternative contact method (e.g. a different contact number or email address) where you can be reached during the transfer
- 100 points of ID.
Good to know:
- Make sure the details you provide us match your details with your previous provider.
- Incorrect or mismatching details may delay the transfer.
- If we have any ID issues, we’ll send you an SMS with your unique order number, and ask you to reply.
Why did I get an SMS about my date of birth or account number?
Either the account number or date of birth you gave didn’t match those with your existing provider. This has delayed your switch to Telstra. To finish switching to us, you’ll need to:
- Contact your existing provider to confirm the date of birth or account number they have
- Respond to our SMS and provide the updated details.
Once that’s done, we’ll send you a confirmation that your Telstra switch is back underway.
Still need to get in touch