Information about the service
Telstra Telehealth Starter is a videoconferencing solution designed to offer healthcare professionals video consultation capability that can be used to facilitate remote virtual patient consultation sessions that are eligible for the Medicare Rebate Scheme.
In order to be eligible to take up a Telstra Telehealth Solution you must:
- be a Medical General Practitioner or a Medical Specialist
- be a Telstra Business customer with an ABN or ACN
- provide us your Medicare Provider number at the time of signing up to a Telehealth Professional Solution; and
- purchase upfront (and not lease) the equipment for your Telehealth solution.
- Minimum Term
- What's Included
- Polycom® Communicator C100 Desktop Audio System.
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam.
- Radvision Scopia PC Softclient.
- Access to the Telstra Virtual Meeting room service.
- Installation and set-up.
- What's Not Included
- A PC or laptop.
- A broadband service. You can use your existing Telstra (or other ISP) Broadband connection or buy a new service.
Information about pricing
- Upfront and Monthly Charges
A $900 Upfront charge applies for bundled installation and set up and Video Equipment.
A $95 monthly charge applies for access to the Virtual Meeting Room service and for ongoing support.
- Minimum Plan Cost
$2,040. This is the minimum amount that you will pay over the length of your plan and is calculated as follows:
$900 upfront plus $95 x 12 = $2,040.
- Early Termination
If you cancel your Telehealth Starter Solution before your minimum term has ended, you’ll need to pay us an early termination charge (ETC). The ETC decreases by equal instalments each month that you remain on your plan and is equal to 60% of your monthly charges multiplied by the number of months remaining in your minimum term.
The maximum early termination charge you’ll pay is $684.
- Bill Payment Charges
- Direct Debit is our preferred payment method, you can set it up anytime at telstra.com/directdebit
- Electronic payments – Free
- Payments made in person or by cheque – Extra $2.50 (some exemptions apply)
- Paperless bills are free. A paper bill can be issued for $2.20 per copy sent (some exemptions apply)
- Transferring to the National Broadband Network (nbn)
If the NBN comes to your area and you wish to transfer to the NBN with Telstra, we’ll take responsibility for managing your transfer to this new network. To do this, we’ll need your agreement and help to access your premises, and we’ll talk with you about installation requirements. We’ll work with you to make this as simple as possible.
If you don’t want to transfer to the NBN, we’ll continue to provide your service up until we’re required to disconnect it as part of the migration to the NBN. At this time we will cancel your services and no ETC will be charged. We’ll let you know the details before any changes happen.
- Need help? We're here for you.
Visit telstra.com/contactus for our support options. Call 13 20 00 or 133 677 (TTY), or +61 439 12 5109 from overseas, to speak to someone about your plan or to obtain a copy of this summary in an alternative /accessible format.
If there’s something you’re not happy with and you wish to make a complaint, visit telstra.com/complaints. We like to make every attempt to resolve any issue but you can contact the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman by phone on 1800 062 058 or visit tio.com.au/about-us/contact-us if you'd like an independent investigation.
- Notification of Telstra's Corporate Restructure
As you may already be aware, as part of a corporate restructure, your account and services will be transferred internally within the Telstra Group from Telstra Corporation Limited to Telstra Limited. This won’t impact your account or services or how you contact us, and there’s nothing you need to do. This change will take place on 1 January 2023. For updates on the restructure and more information or to contact us about this change, visit telstra.com/telstralegalrestructure. This message is from Telstra Corporation Limited and Telstra Limited.
This is a summary only. The full legal terms for this plan are available at telstra.com/customer-terms.
^ This service is only available for customers with an 10-digit account number. It excludes customers with a 13-digit account number beginning with 2000.
MOSB2240-Tue Nov 22 00:00:00 AEDT 2022