To use the Telstra network you will need a device that is compatible with one or more of the following:
- 3G 850MHz banding
- 4G 1800MHz and 4G 700MHz banding
- 5G 3.5GHz banding
If you’re unsure whether your device supports one or more of the above bands please check your device manual or manufacturers website
Things you need to know
- At a minimum, your device and SIM must support 3G 850MHz services to use the Telstra Mobile Network.
- The Telstra Mobile Network offers 4G in all capital CBDs and associated airports, many surrounding suburban areas and in over 300 regional areas. You'll automatically switch to our fastest available 3G in other coverage areas around Australia, and you can check these areas here.
- Telstra 5G: Telstra currently offers 5G in select areas and is progressively rolling it out to other areas. In non-5G coverage areas, you’ll automatically switch to our 4G or 3G. Check coverage at telstra.com/coverage.
- 4GX: The Telstra Mobile Network offers 4GX in all capital CBDs and selected suburban and regional areas and is progressively rolling out to more places. In other coverage areas around Australia, you’ll automatically switch to our fastest available 4G or 3G. Check coverage at telstra.com/coverage.