Setting up your iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro
Get started with your new iPhone
Superfast 5G, A14 Bionic chip, Night mode camera and beautiful Super Retina XDR display – it’s no wonder you can’t wait to unwrap your new iPhone 12. Here's everything you need to know to get up and running quickly.
October 2020 | 4 minute read
When will I get my iPhone?
The iPhone 12 Pro has been an extremely popular device so delivery times are longer than usual. Once you order your iPhone 12 Pro, we’ll deliver it to you within 4 to 6 weeks.
If you've ordered an iPhone 12, you’ll receive your device within 7 days. Regional orders may take a little longer.
If your delivery’s going to a residential address, and you’re not available to sign for it, the courier will leave a calling card with details of where it can be collected. Please collect it within 10 days or it may be sent back to us.
What's in the iPhone box?
In the iPhone box, you'll find your iPhone and a USB-C to Lightning Cable.
In keeping with their commitment to the environment, Apple has removed the usual earbuds and power adapter from the iPhone packaging.
The supplied USB-C to Lightning cable supports fast charging and is compatible with USB-C power adapters and computer ports.
Apple encourages customers to reuse their current USB-A to Lightning cables, power adapters and headphones, which are compatible with the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro.
If you're on the lookout for new power adapters or headphones, check out our range of Apple accessories.
Simple steps for setting up your iPhone
Quick Start makes it easy to switch from your old iOS device to your new iPhone:
- Make sure you have a backup of your existing device.
- Have your Apple ID and password ready.
- Transfer your existing SIM card to the new iPhone or scan your eSIM QR code using the camera on your device.
- Place your new iPhone next to your old device.
The Quick Start screen appears on your existing device and leads you through the process. Check Apple Support for details on using Quick Start.
Activating your iPhone
Check below to see if the new SIM card or eSIM you’ve ordered is activated and ready to go, or if you need to activate it when your delivery arrives. If you ordered a new eSIM, you can find the QR Code on the eSIM card that we sent to you.
- I’ve ordered a new service with a new number. You're already activated. Insert your new SIM card or scan your eSIM QR code, and you're good to go.
- I’ve upgraded my service but kept my existing SIM card. You're already activated. Insert your existing SIM card or scan your eSIM QR code, and you're good to go.
- I’ve upgraded my existing service and ordered a new eSIM. Activation is required. Go to activation.telstra.com and follow the prompts. Then just scan your eSIM QR code with your device and you’re good to go.
- I’m transferring my number from another provider. Activation is required. Go to activation.telstra.com and follow the prompts. When your current service stops working, just grab your device and insert your new SIM card or scan your eSIM QR code, and you’re good to go.
Need more help with your eSIM?
Once you receive your eSIM Card in the post, follow these simple steps to get started.
- Turn your compatible device on and make sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi.
- Use the camera on your device to scan the QR code in your eSIM Card. Then, follow the prompts on your screen. Or, you can do this manually in your device settings:
- Go to Settings, tap Mobile and then Add Mobile Plan
- Scan the QR code in your eSIM Card and follow the prompts on your screen
Once you’ve set up your device, you’re ready to activate your Telstra service. If your service is already active, you can start using your new eSIM.
Got a question about eSIM? Visit eSIM Help and Support
Where can I buy iPhone accessories?
From cases and chargers to AirPods and Apple Watch, we offer a range of accessories to help you make the most of your new iPhone.
Purchase outright, or pay off selected accessories over 12 or 24 months if you have an eligible post-paid mobile service. If you leave early, simply pay out any hardware and accessories you've added.
You can also redeem your Telstra Plus points for rewards like cases, chargers, headphones, speakers and so much more.
Message us in the My Telstra app
If you have any queries about your order, please contact us via messaging in My Telstra. You can also use the app to manage your services, pay bills and more.
- On your device, open or download the My Telstra app.
- Tap the 'Get help' tab, then the blue message icon.
- Send us your question and you'll get a notification on your phone when we've replied.