How to make a price match claim
Purchase a phoneYou can only make a price match claim after you’ve received the phone you purchased from Telstra (on repayment or outright – if you have an existing Telstra account number). Pre-Paid phones are excluded.
Submit a claim formComplete an online price match claim form within 7 days of receiving your phone. You’ll need to provide the IMEI of your purchased phone, your Telstra account number, and evidence of the lower price (from step 2). You can’t submit a claim in store or over the phone.
Wait for assessmentWe’ll assess your price match claim and notify you of the outcome within 14 business days. If successful, we’ll provide a once-off bill credit matching the difference between your purchase price and the lower advertised price. Credit will be applied within 2 billing cycles, or onto your bank account or credit or debit card, if you are on a Telstra Upfront Mobile Plan.
7 Day Price Match eligibility
To make a price match claim, you must:
- be a Telstra personal or small business customer with an account number; and
- have purchased a phone from Telstra and received it within the last 7 days.
What products are included?
Claims can be submitted for:
- mobile phones purchased from Telstra outright (only for existing customers with a Telstra account number), on monthly repayment plans, using trade-in or with points plus pay. Pre-paid phones are excluded.
What prices are excluded?
A lower price is ineligible if the offer is:
- for secondhand or refurbished devices
- for products with pricing set significantly lower than the RRP or Market Value
- for clearance, liquidation, auction/warehouse or likewise sale items
- inclusive of cashback, coupon offers or gift cards
- for commercial quantities
- from an online only retailer
- from an international retailer
- on Gumtree, Facebook or any other grey market channel
- a corporate benefit price
- priced incorrectly