MANAGE YOUR POST-PAID USAGE WHILE ROAMING OVERSEAS
From the 10th September you can manage your usage overseas and keep track of your roaming costs with our spend management tools.
When you arrive at your international destination
We’ll send you an SMS in each country you travel in to let you know:
- The costs of mobile usage while travelling in that country
- How to cancel International Roaming on your mobile device.
Check your usage while you’re overseas
You can check your roaming usage for free using the following tools:
Your Data usage
You can access your data usage by going to m.bigpond.com/mpm/ir
If you’re not connected to an overseas mobile carrier network and using a Wi-Fi connection or roaming with devices other than your Telstra mobile device, such as a mobile Broadband dongle or tablet, you can access your data usage by visiting our Mobile Data Usage Meter website at https://es.telstra.com/MobileDataUsageMeter/.
You’ll be asked to login with your Telstra My Account username and password. If you don’t already have a username, you can register at Telstra.com/register. We recommend you register before you travel to save you time. Please keep in mind you must be the authorised representative or legal lessee of the service.
Your Voice, SMS and MMS usage
You can check your recent voice, SMS and MMS usage by logging onto your account.
You’ll be asked to login with your Telstra My Account username and password. If you don’t already have a username, you can register at Telstra.com/register. We recommend you register before you travel to save you time. Please keep in mind you must be the authorised representative of legal lessee of the service.
Your data and voice usage by dialling #108#
You can also dial #108# from your mobile device or tablet (if it has dial-up capability). #108# provides both data and voice usage information.
Otherwise call +61 439 125 109 from your Telstra mobile and speak to one of our consultants.
We will send you SMS alerts to keep you informed of your usage:
- If you are using International Roaming pay-as-you-go (PAYG) data, we’ll send you an SMS for every $100 of PAYG usage.
- If you have an International Roaming Casual Traveller Data Pack, International Frequent Traveller Data Plan or International Roaming Voice plan we’ll send you an SMS when you’ve have used 50%, 85% and 100% of your data allowance.
- If you use 100% of your data allowance we’ll also send you an SMS reminding you of the costs of using data overseas.
Please note that you can't opt out of the usage or the pricing information SMS alerts, there is no charge for receiving these alerts.
We rely on the overseas network carriers in the countries you are travelling in to forward the SMS data usage alerts. This may cause a delay in receiving the alerts. It also means that you could receive alerts once you have already used more than what you have been advised.