Check for Wi-Fi issues
It’s easy to get confused, but your Telstra internet connection and Wi-Fi are two different things. Your connection to our network comes into your home like power, gas or hot water and stops at a wall plug. Wi-Fi sends that internet signal to your devices wirelessly.
In case the issue is being caused by Wi-Fi:
- Make sure your modem’s Wi-Fi light is on. If it’s off, press the Wi-Fi or WPS button to turn it back on
- Check you’re connecting to the right Wi-Fi network. If you’re not sure, follow the steps to connect to the right network
- If you only lose connection in certain parts of your home, or you’re having issues with speed, find out more about improving your home internet speed.
Still not working?
If you’ve tried the steps above and you’re still having issues, here are a few more tips:
- Check your ethernet cable is securely plugged into the yellow LAN port on your modem, and the ethernet port on your computer or device
- Check the status lights on your nbn connection box
- If you’re on a limited data plan, check your usage in My Telstra
- If none of the above works, use our smart troubleshooting tools to help us diagnose and resolve any issues impacting your service.
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
My Telstra app
View your services, pay your bill, troubleshoot tech issues, contact us via messaging and much more
We're here to answer your questions.
If you'd like to speak with us in your preferred language, we've got you covered.