There are two ways to connect to Wi-Fi:
- Use the Telstra-supplied modem's Wi-Fi protected setup (WPS) feature
- Connect your device to Wi-Fi manually.
Use the modem's Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) feature
WPS lets you pair compatible devices like PCs, laptops and mobiles to your Telstra-supplied modem, without a password:
- On your device, go to Settings and then Wi-Fi. If your device is compatible with WPS, you can select it from the available options. See your device instructions for more information
- On your Telstra-supplied modem, press and hold the Pair or WPS button for up to 5 seconds. Depending on the type of modem you have this will either be on the front or back of the device
- When the Pair/WPS light flashes, your device is connected to the Wi-Fi.
Connect your device(s) manually
If your device isn't compatible with WPS, or you want to connect to Wi-Fi manually:
- Turn on your device's wireless (Wi-Fi) receiver. If you’re not sure how, check your device's user manual. You can usually turn Wi-Fi on by going to Settings, and then Wi-Fi or Networks
- You'll see a list of available Wi-Fi Networks
- Select the wireless network shown on your device, and input the password when requested. You can often find this on your modem. Or on the Wi-Fi security card that came with your Telstra-supplied modem.
Need more help?
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
My Telstra app
View your services, pay your bill, troubleshoot tech issues, contact us via messaging and much more
We're here to answer your questions.
If you'd like to speak with us in your preferred language, we've got you covered.