Connecting via an Ethernet cable often gives you a better internet connection than Wi-Fi. All you need is an Ethernet cable and a computer or laptop with an Ethernet port; follow the steps below to connect your laptop or computer directly to your Telstra-supplied modem.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to a yellow LAN port on your modem
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to an Ethernet port on your computer or laptop
- Make sure that the Ethernet light is green and flashing next to the port you have used on your modem
- Open up your browser and confirm that you can load a webpage like Telstra.com.au.
What if it doesn't work?
If you don't see any lights flashing:
- Turn your modem off
- Unplug the Ethernet cable from your modem and plug it into a different yellow port on your modem
- Turn your modem back on and wait for it to completely power up, then check that the Ethernet light next to the port you have used is green.
Log in to My Telstra to view further troubleshooting tips.
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
My Telstra app
View your services, pay your bill, troubleshoot tech issues, contact us via messaging and much more
We're here to answer your questions.
If you'd like to speak with us in your preferred language, we've got you covered.