Restart your modem
To restart your modem, follow these steps:
- Remove the power cable from your modem for 10 seconds, then plug it back in
- Wait 1-2 minutes for the modem to settle and go ‘green’, now check to see if your devices are connecting. This is a ‘reboot’ and can often solve connection problems.
Restart your network connection device
To restart your network connection device, follow these steps:
- Switch the device or battery backup unit off at the wall
- If you have a backup battery unit, disconnect the power cord running from it into the device. If there’s a cover on your nbn connection box, you’ll need to remove that first
- Wait at least two minutes before plugging the battery unit back in and turning your devices back on.
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
My Telstra app
View your services, pay your bill, troubleshoot tech issues, contact us via messaging and much more
We're here to answer your questions.
If you'd like to speak with us in your preferred language, we've got you covered.