The Telstra Smart Modem 1.1 and Gen 2 includes a cordless phone base station (DECT – Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications) which allows selected Telstra handsets and devices to be paired directly to the modem.
Pairing the Telstra Voice Extender to your Telstra Smart Modem
- Plug the Telstra Voice Extender into a conveniently located power outlet and press the pair button on the Telstra modem
- Press the pair button located on the left-hand side of the Telstra Voice Extender
- The LED will display solid green when pairing is successful
- Connect your telephone to the port on the bottom of the Telstra Voice Extender and check for dial tone.
Pairing the Telstra T-Voice 503 Cordless Phone to your Telstra Smart Modem
On the modem
- Press the Pair (or DECT) button on the modem for 5 seconds until the LED flashes.
On the handset
- If the handset is not registered to a modem, press Register. The screen displays 'Registering' and once successful 'Registered' will be displayed.
- If the handset is already registered to another modem, press Menu, scroll to Handset Settings and press Select
- Scroll to Registration and press Select
- 'Register' is highlighted, press Select
- The screen displays 'Registering' and once successful 'Registered' will be displayed.
If registration is not successful the first time, repeat the process as it may have timed out.
Pairing the Telstra T-Voice 502 Cordless Phone to your Telstra Smart Modem
Pairing other phones to your Telstra Smart Modem
Use the green phone port on the back of your Telstra Smart Modem located second up from the bottom on the right-hand side to connect your phone handset or base to the modem.
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
My Telstra app
View your services, pay your bill, troubleshoot tech issues, contact us via messaging and much more
We're here to answer your questions.
If you'd like to speak with us in your preferred language, we've got you covered.