Mobile Lease plans (Go Mobile Swap) give you the flexibility to lease the latest eligible phones after they are released. Instead of purchasing your phone from us over a 24-month plan, you can now lease your phone with a Device Leasing Contract. You can upgrade your phone at any time after the first 12 months, provided your return it in good working order, pay the upgrade fee and take up a new eligible 24-month phone and service plan.
If you decide to take up our Mobile Swap Assure service for an extra $10 per month, you will have the ability to upgrade and replace your phone at any time regardless of the phone condition or damage, even if it’s within the first 12 months provided you pay the upgrade fee and take up a new eligible 24 month phone and service plan. You may only upgrade your device (maximum of two times within each 12-month period of your service plan.
What do I need to know?
- Additional fees may apply depending on when you upgrade your phone, if you return your phone, if you have Mobile Swap Assure, and based on the condition of your phone when you return it.
- If you upgrade to a new eligible 24-month phone and service plan, you will need to follow our return instructions before you return your phone.
- Damaged phone? Don’t worry - with Mobile Lease plans you can still upgrade after 12 months by paying an additional fee ($229 for minor damage and up to $499 for phones beyond repair).
Who can have it?
- New and existing mobile plan customers.
- Includes customers who upgrade plans through New Phone Feeling, pay the redemption fee and take up a new eligible 24-month phone and service plan.
- Only certain phones are eligible, to compare click here.
Important legal rights called Consumer Guarantees
For products you buy from us, you also have legal rights known as Consumer Guarantees. This includes a guarantee that those products will be fit for purpose, safe, durable, acceptable in appearance and free from faults for a reasonable period of time having regard to factors like the type of product and its cost. Consumer guarantees apply regardless of any manufacturer’s warranty or Telstra policies and can apply even after the manufacturer’s warranty has ended.
You’re entitled to a solution if a product doesn’t meet a consumer guarantee. Where a product is faulty, the solution will depend on the type of fault and whether that fault is ‘major’. For more information about what constitutes a “major” fault, Consumer Guarantees and your return rights, please visit Faulty products - know your rights.
Still need to get in touch
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions.