You can set up International Roaming in a few simple steps before you go:
If you're a Pre-Paid customer, your phone is already activated for International Roaming.
If you have previously turned this off you can contact us to switch it back on.
- Make sure you can roam where you’re going
- Check if International Roaming is available in the countries you’re visiting by typing them into ‘Find a destination’ on our Accessibility map.
- If you’re visiting multiple countries, you can add them to our itinerary builder and see a summary of all your international roaming charges for each destination.
You can even take a screenshot or print it off for reference later.
- Buy an International Roaming Browse Plus Pack
- If you’ve got a Pre-Paid service, your international data usage will automatically come off your ‘Recharge Credit’.
- An International Roaming Browse Plus Pack gives you a set amount of data to use in selected countries for 30 days. It’s a cheaper way to roam than just using your recharge credit.
Just choose the Pack value you want, and follow the steps below to add it to your Pre-Paid service.
To get an International Roaming Browse Plus Pack:
- Make sure you have enough Recharge Credit or Plus Credit to buy the Pack you want
- On the phone or tablet you want to set up, open the browser and type m.telstra.com
- Scroll down the ‘My Pre-Paid Home’ page and select ‘Buy extras’
- From the list, select ‘International Roaming Browse Plus Pack’
- Select your preferred pack value
- Select ‘Confirm’ to finalise your Plus Pack purchase.
Need a little help? You’ll find detailed instructions for adding a Plus Pack here.
While you’re roaming overseas:
- You’ll get an SMS when you arrive in each country that allows International Roaming, telling you what the charges are for using your Pre-Paid device.
- While you’re travelling we’ll send you usage alerts so you can keep track of your usage.
- You can Recharge, Top-Up, check your usage or add an International Roaming Browse Plus Pack by typing m.telstra.com into your browser and following the prompts. This is an unmetered site.
- You can also Recharge, Top-Up, check your usage or add an International Roaming Browse Plus Pack by logging into Telstra 24x7 My Account on a computer, laptop or mobile device. Data charges may apply.
Still need to get in touch