This article explains how to identify and fix problems with your home phone.
- Check if there’s an known outage
- You can divert your home phone to your mobile whenever you want with our Call Forwarding guide.
- Check if your phone equipment is faulty
Use our Service Status Page to check for service problems in your area.
The page will explain any interruptions, provide updates, and where possible, estimate when the problem should be fixed.
Can I forward my calls to another number during an outage?
Yes - If there’s an outage or fault, we can forward your calls to your mobile or another number.
Call 13 22 03 to report the fault and set up call forwarding.
Good to know:
- Switch off all your phone equipment – INCLUDING at the power points
- Wait 10 seconds, then switch them back on
- Plug one standard, working home phone into its connection point:
- For PSTN phone lines, use the phone socket
- For nbn™ Fibre to the Premise on IP POTS, use the Uni-V port
- For all other nbn connections, use the green phone port on the modem
- If you are still unable to use your phone service, contact us on 13 22 03.
Still need to get in touch