What do I do if my home phone isn’t working?
If you’re having problems with your home phone, follow these steps to troubleshoot.
- Check if there’s a known outage
Use our service status page to check for service problems in your area. It will show known interruptions, status updates, and where possible, an estimate of when the problem should be fixed.
Can I forward my calls to another number during an outage? Yes - If there’s an outage or fault, we can forward your calls to your mobile or another number.
Call 13 22 03 to report the fault and set up call forwarding.
- Check if your phone equipment is faulty
- Switch off all your phone equipment – INCLUDING at the power points
- Wait 10 seconds, then switch them back on
- Plug one standard, working home phone into its connection point:
- For PSTN phone lines, use the phone socket
- For nbn™ Fibre to the Premise on IP POTS, use the Uni-V port
- For all other nbn connections, use the green phone port on the modem
If you are still unable to use your phone service, contact us on 13 22 03.
Good to know:
You can divert your home phone to your mobile whenever you want with our Call Forwarding guide.