Before you start:
- Make sure your Optical Network Terminator, or ONT box, is active. Check that both the ‘AC’ and ‘Output’ lights are on and green.
- If it’s been more than 24 hours since your installation and the ONT Box is still inactive, give us a call on 1800 008 994.
- Connect your modem
- If you can’t see the sockets on your new Gateway modem, you may need to remove the bottom stand from the modem
- Insert the red end of the Ethernet cable into the red ‘WAN’ port on your modem
- Insert the opposite end of the cable into a data port in your wall.
- Power up your modem
- Insert the power cable into the modem and plug the power supply into a power point, ensuring the power point is switched on.
- Power up the modem by pressing the power button.
- Please wait for the ‘ONLINE’ or ‘INTERNET’ light on your modem to turn solid green - this could take up to 10 minutes.
Good to know:
- Connect your devices
- Connect your home phone
- Plug your existing phone into a phone socket in your wall.
- Your modem set up should look like this
- Your access ports (phone, data) may vary depending on the wiring in your home.
Still need to get in touch