How do I connect a DECT handset to my Telstra Smart Modem™?
The Telstra Smart Modem™ includes a cordless phone base station (DECT) which allows selected Telstra handsets and devices to be paired directly to the modem.
Telstra Voice Extender™
Follow these easy steps to pair your Telstra Voice Extender to your Telstra Smart Modem™:
- Plug the Telstra Voice Extender into a conveniently located power outlet and press the pair button on the Telstra modem.
- Next press the pair button located on the side of the Telstra Voice Extender.
- The LED will show solid green to show successful registration
- Connect your telephone to the port on the underside of the Telstra Voice Extender and check for dial tone.
Further information about the Telstra Voice Extender can be found here
Telstra T-Voice 503 Cordless Phone
On the modem:
- Press the Pair (or DECT) button on the modem for 5 seconds until the LED flashes.
On the handset:
- If the handset is not registered to a modem, press Register. The screen displays Registering and once successful Registered will be displayed.
- If the handset is already registered to another modem, press Menu, scroll down to Handset Settings and press Select.
- Scroll down to Registration and press Select
- Register is highlighted, press Select
- The screen displays Registering and once successful Registered will be displayed.
If registration is not successful the first time, please repeat the process again in case the modem registration period ran out of time.
Further information on the Telstra T-voice 503 can be found here
Telstra T-Voice 502 Cordless Phone
This model is no longer for sale but can be connected directly to your Telstra Smart Modem™. See the user manual here for steps to pair it with your modem.
Connecting Other Phones
Use the green port marked phone on the back of your Telstra Smart Modem™ to connect your phone or cordless phone base station directly to the modem.
Still need to get in touch