Can I print directly
from my mobile or
Yes, and it’s easier than you think. The only thing
to consider is which apps will let you print content.
Yes, and it’s easier than you think.
The only thing to consider is which apps will let you print content.
29 Dec 2017
You can print from both Apple and Android
Printing from your Android device
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your mobile device's menu
- Open ‘search’ on your device, and type in ‘Printing’: You may see ‘Cloud Print’.
If it's a Samsung device, you may see
‘Samsung Print Service Plugin’. Select it if you have it.
- Or you may have to download a plugin.
- Turn your printer on
- Make sure your phone and printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network Select the print app you’ve chosen to use, then ‘Add Printer’. The app will search for printers.
- Select your printer, and follow the prompts.
- Now print something to confirm it works: if you’ve got Google Photos it's really easy – just select ‘More’ or the 3-dot symbol and then ‘Print’.
- With other apps like Docs, you select the 3-dot symbol, then ‘Share & Export’, then ‘Print’.
Not all printers can be connected…
There are some printers Android doesn’t support, such as:
- networked printers shared on a Windows network,
- printers you want to connect via USB cable, or
- wireless printers over Bluetooth. In this case, you'll need to buy a third party app.
Printing from your Apple iOS device
Most Apple devices have AirPrint, which makes printing really easy. iPhone and iPad only support wireless printing.
Connect to your printer
- First make sure your printer works with AirPrint. You’ll find a list of supported printers here. https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201311.
- Make sure your printer and device are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the app you’ve chosen to use and make sure it supports AirPrint
- Select the app’s ‘share’ or 3-dot symbol, then ‘Select Printer’ and choose your printer.
- Select the print option you want, and ‘Print’.
Can I print from my Windows phone?
You'll have to get a third party app to enable printing. Some of these are free and some not. Check to see if your printer brand has released a printing app to work with a Windows Phone.
We’re here to help
Having problems setting up mobile printing, or just need some advice? Talk to the experts at Telstra Platinum. We’ll get you connected.
Call 13 75 87
Outside Australia call +612 9242 0570
What else can Telstra Platinum help me with?
Whether your service or technology is from Telstra or another provider, our tech experts can help you. They’re available 24x7 over the phone and online to help you with your mobile, tablet, Wi-Fi, email, smart home and connected devices, data back-up and more. It’s all part of a Telstra Platinum subscription.
Got a one-off problem? Find out more about our no-fix no-fee services.