Plug in and connect your
Telstra Smart Modem in minutes.
Get a more reliable home internet connection with the Telstra Smart Modem™ Gen 2. It switches from our home internet network to our mobile network if needed, all while still using your home data allowance.
4G coverage needed. Mobile speeds are limited to 6/1 Mbps and will vary.
Telstra Smart Modem™ Gen 2
The Telstra Smart Modem™ Gen 2 has the power to use both our home internet and mobile networks, allowing you to:
- Get online, and use your home phone if you’re on the nbn™ network, even before your home network has been activated. Using its inbuilt, pre-activated SIM, it connects to our mobile network right out of the box.
- Keep using the internet, and your home phone if you’re on the nbn™ network, if there’s a problem with your home internet connection. Your modem will automatically switch to our mobile network if required, then switch back once the issue is resolved.
What you can do with the Telstra Smart Modem™ Gen 2:
- Access our 4G service on the Telstra Mobile Network using the inbuilt SIM card, as well as your home internet connection via ADSL2+ or VDSL2
- Enjoy the fastest ratified Wi-Fi standard of 4x4 802.11ac
- Easily pair wireless devices using the WPS push-button connection
- Connect multiple devices to its four gigabit Ethernet ports
- Make fast transfers using the 3.0 USB port
- One DSL Port for ADSL2+ and VDSL2
- Set up a flexible home network with dual band capability (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
Looking for home internet?
Take up a new home internet plan with us and get a Telstra Smart Modem™ Gen 2 included at no extra cost.
Telstra Smart Modem™ Gen 2 requires 4G coverage for the mobile backup connection. You can check your coverage at telstra.com/coverage. Eligible internet service is also required. Your mobile backup connection is limited to speeds of up to 6Mbps for downloads and 1Mbps for uploads. Actual speeds will vary due to local conditions and content accessed.
The spectrum device and ™ are trademarks and ® are registered trademarks of Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556