Your shopping cart is empty
Smarten up your connection
Get a more reliable home broadband connection with the Telstra Smart Modem™. It switches from our home network to our mobile network if needed, all while still using your home data allowance.
4G coverage needed. Mobile speeds are limited to 6/1 Mbps and will vary.
Telstra Smart Modem™
The Telstra Smart Modem™ brings the latest hybrid technology to your home broadband which allows you to:
- Connect sooner: Get online even before your home network is activated with Telstra Smart Modem™. Its inbuilt, pre-activated SIM can connect to our mobile network right out of the box.
- Have a built-in backup plan: No home broadband due to network upgrades or bad weather? Your Telstra Smart Modem™ will automatically switch to our mobile network if required, so you’ll be back online in minutes.
What you can do with the Telstra Smart Modem™:
- Access our 4G service on the Telstra Mobile Network using the inbuilt SIM card, as well as your home broadband connection via ADSL2+ or VDSL2
- Enjoy the fastest ratified Wi-Fi standard of 4x4 802.11ac
- Easily pair wireless devices using the WPA push-button connection
- Connect multiple devices to its four gigabit Ethernet ports
- Make fast transfers using the 3.0 USB port
- One DSL Port for ADSL2+ and VDSL2
- Set up a flexible home network with dual band capability (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
Things you need to know
Telstra Smart Modem requires 4G coverage. You can check your coverage at telstra.com/coverage. Eligible broadband service is also required. Your mobile backup connection is limited to speeds of up to 6Mbps for downloads and 1Mbps for uploads. Actual speeds will vary due to local conditions and content accessed.
The spectrum device and ™ are trademarks and ® are registered trademarks of Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556