- Check for outages in your area
- Properly hang up all your phone handsets
- Ensure both ends of the phone cable are securely connected
- Switch off all your phone equipment – including at the power points. Wait 10 seconds, then switch them back on
- Plug one standard, working home phone into its connection point:
- For PSTN phone lines, use the phone socket
- For nbn® Fibre to the Premise on IP POTS, use the Uni-V port
- For all other connections, use the green phone port on the modem
- Check that your connection box, modem and phone all have power
- Try to call using another handset. If you can get through, the problem is likely to be with your original phone.
If you are still unable to use your phone service, contact us.
Can I forward my calls to another number during an outage?
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
My Telstra app
View your services, pay your bill, troubleshoot tech issues, contact us via messaging and much more
We're here to answer your questions.
If you'd like to speak with us in your preferred language, we've got you covered.