What do I do if I’ve lost my mobile device or SIM card?

Contact us as soon as possible (+61 439 125 109 if you’re overseas)

We’ll temporarily suspend your mobile service, so that it can’t:

  • Receive or make calls
  • Receive or send SMS
  • Use mobile data


Good to know

  • If mobile data is switched off, you’ll be unable to use a ‘Find my Device’ app.

Can I get calls redirected?

Yes – we can send all your incoming calls to another number. SMS can’t be redirected.


How do I get a new SIM?

If your SIM is lost, has been stolen, or is faulty, you can order a replacement SIM online. Please note that if you choose to self-activate your new SIM online, you’ll be allocated a new number.

If you want to retain your number, call us once you’ve received the SIM and we’ll transfer your number across. Alternatively, you can pop into one of our stores.


Important legal rights called Consumer Guarantees

For products you buy from us, you also have legal rights known as Consumer Guarantees. This includes a guarantee that those products will be fit for purpose, safe, durable, acceptable in appearance and free from faults for a reasonable period of time having regard to factors like the type of product and its cost. Consumer guarantees apply regardless of any manufacturer’s warranty or Telstra policies and can apply even after the manufacturer’s warranty has ended.

You’re entitled to a solution if a product doesn’t meet a consumer guarantee. Where a product is faulty, the solution will depend on the type of fault and whether that fault is ‘major’. For more information about what constitutes a “major” fault, Consumer Guarantees and your return rights, please visit Faulty products – know your rights.




Still need to get in touch

Telstra 24x7 App

Have you got our app? Download the Telstra 24x7 App now

Telstra 24x7 App
Contact us

Prefer to chat to someone? We're here to answer your questions

Contact us
Tech help on call

Technology crisis? Our experts are available 24/7

View Platinum services

Didn't find the answer to your question?

Ask the Forum