The first step is to get onto your Telstra-supplied modem’s ‘home page’:
- On your computer or tablet, connect to your Wi-Fi home network
- Open a web browser; Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari
- Enter the correct URL for your modem:
- For ADSL/Cable/nbn compatible Modems with an Adapter – enter http://10.0.0.138 or http://telstra.gateway/
- For Cable Modem without Adapter - enter http://188.8.131.52 or http://telstra.gateway/
- If you’re using a Telstra Gateway Frontier®/Telstra Smart Modem™ - regardless of technology type - you need to enter http://192.168.0.1 or http://mygateway/
- If you need them, the default credentials to access your modem's Home Page are:
Password: admin - or on some devices it will be ‘password’
What if my modem’s not from Telstra?
If you have a non-Telstra modem, use our guide to Find your default modem address
To change your Wi-Fi network’s name and password:
Every Wi-Fi network has a name, or ‘SSID’ and password, or network key.
You can find them on the Wi-Fi Security Card supplied with your modem, or on the modem’s label.
- Choose ‘Wi-Fi’ from the menu at the top of the screen
- Enter your desired changes into the ‘Wi-Fi Name (SSID)’ and ‘Wi-Fi Security Key’ fields
- Select ‘Apply’ to save the changes.
Good to know:
- Your Wi-Fi details are different to your Telstra broadband username and password, which are used to manage your Telstra services and log into Telstra 24x7 My Account.
What happens if I reset my modem?
If you apply a ‘factory reset’ to your modem, the Login Credentials and Wi-Fi network name and password will revert back to the default or 'factory’ settings.
Still need to get in touch
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions.