The first step is to get onto your Telstra-supplied modem’s ‘home page’:
- On your computer or tablet, connect to your Wi-Fi home network
- Open a web browser; Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari
- Enter the correct URL for your modem:
- For ADSL/Cable/nbn compatible Modems with an Adapter – enter http://10.0.0.138 or http://telstra.gateway/
- For Cable Modem without Adapter - enter http://188.8.131.52 or http://telstra.gateway/
- If you’re using a Telstra Gateway Frontier®/Telstra Smart Modem™ - regardless of technology type - you need to enter http://192.168.0.1 or http://mygateway/
- If you need them, the default credentials to access your modem's Home Page are:
Password: admin - or on some devices it will be ‘password’
What if my modem’s not from Telstra?
If you have a non-Telstra modem, use our guide to Find your default modem address
To change your Wi-Fi network’s name and password:
Every Wi-Fi network has a name, or ‘SSID’ and password, or network key.
You can find them on the Wi-Fi Security Card supplied with your modem, or on the modem’s label.
- Choose ‘Wi-Fi’ from the menu at the top of the screen
- Enter your desired changes into the ‘Wi-Fi Name (SSID)’ and ‘Wi-Fi Security Key’ fields
- Select ‘Apply’ to save the changes.
Good to know:
- Your Wi-Fi details are different to your Telstra broadband username and password, which are used to manage your Telstra services and log into Telstra 24x7 My Account.
What happens if I reset my modem?
If you apply a ‘factory reset’ to your modem, the Login Credentials and Wi-Fi network name and password will revert back to the default or 'factory’ settings.
Still need to get in touch