How to set up your new iPhone 13
Get started with your new iPhone 13
Huge upgrades to the camera systems, lightning-fast A15 Bionic chip, a big leap in battery life and brighter Super Retina XDR displays are just some of the things you can look forward to when you unbox your brand new iPhone 13 or iPhone 13 Pro. Our easy guide will get you up and running, fast.
4 minute read
When will I get my iPhone 13?
You could have it delivered, free within 2 hours
We're excited to announce the launch of our 2-hour delivery service from participating Telstra Stores. Available to customers who've been with Telstra for at least six months, this fast and free delivery service gets your new iPhone 13 from our store to your home in 2 hours. It's offered in partnership with Zoom2u - a same-day express courier service - to homes in selected areas of Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
Visit Telstra same-day delivery for full details and FAQs.
Once your order is processed, allow up to 3 days for metro areas, and up to 7 days for regional areas (subject to product availability).
Track your order online
Use the Telstra order tracker to see the progress of your orders and deliveries. You’ll also receive SMS or email notifications on your order status and estimated delivery times. As well as being able to check the status of your Telstra order, and keep an eye on your delivery, you can also check and change your installation appointment(s).
What's in the iPhone box?
In the iPhone box, you'll find your iPhone and a USB-C to Lightning Cable.
In keeping with their ongoing commitment to the environment, Apple does not include earbuds or a power adapter in their iPhone packaging.
The supplied USB-C to Lightning cable supports fast charging and is compatible with USB-C power adapters and computer ports.
If you're after new power adapters or headphones, check out our range of Apple accessories.
Simple steps for setting up your iPhone 13
Quick Start makes it easy to switch from your old iOS device to your new iPhone:
1. Make sure you have a backup of your existing device.
2. Have your Apple ID and password ready.
3. Transfer your existing SIM card to the new iPhone or scan your eSIM QR code using the camera on your device.
4. Place your new iPhone next to your old device.
The Quick Start screen appears on your existing device and leads you through the process. Check Apple Support for details on using Quick Start.
Activating your iPhone
Check below to see if the new SIM card or eSIM you’ve ordered is activated and ready to go, or if you need to activate it when your delivery arrives. If you ordered a new eSIM, you can find the QR Code on the eSIM card that we sent to you.
- I’ve ordered a new service with a new number. You're already activated. Insert your new SIM card or scan your eSIM QR code, and you're good to go.
- I’ve upgraded my service but kept my existing SIM card. You're already activated. Insert your existing SIM card or scan your eSIM QR code, and you're good to go.
- I’ve upgraded my existing service and ordered a new eSIM. Activation is required. Go to activation.telstra.com and follow the prompts. Then just scan your eSIM QR code with your device and you’re good to go.
- I’m transferring my number from another provider. Activation is required. Go to activation.telstra.com and follow the prompts. When your current service stops working, just grab your device and insert your new SIM card or scan your eSIM QR code, and you’re good to go.
Need more help with your eSIM?
Once you receive your eSIM Card in the post, follow these simple steps to get started.
- Turn your compatible device on and make sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi.
- Use the camera on your device to scan the QR code in your eSIM Card. Then, follow the prompts on your screen. Or, you can do this manually in your device settings:
- Go to Settings, tap Mobile and then Add Mobile Plan
- Scan the QR code in your eSIM Card and follow the prompts on your screen
Once you’ve set up your device, you’re ready to activate your Telstra service. If your service is already active, you can start using your new eSIM.
Got a question about eSIM? Visit eSIM Help and Support
Where can I buy iPhone accessories?
Cases and chargers to AirPods and Apple Watch, there's a range of accessories that'll make the most of your new iPhone 13 experience.
You can purchase outright, or pay off selected accessories over 12 or 24 months if you have an eligible post-paid mobile service. If you leave early, simply pay out any hardware and accessories you've added.
You can also redeem your Telstra Plus points for rewards like cases, chargers, headphones, speakers and so much more.
Message us in the My Telstra app
If you have any queries about your order, please contact us via messaging in My Telstra. You can also use the app to manage your services, pay bills and more.
- On your device, open or download the My Telstra app.
- Tap the 'Get help' tab, then the blue message icon.
- Send us your question and you'll get a notification on your phone when we've replied.