What documents do I need to prove I am the new occupant?
To resolve the Connect Outstanding and allow the home phone or internet connection to go ahead, you need to prove you are the owner of the line at the address. We need to sight one of the following:
- A document showing the phone number of the active service in your name, or
- Proof of Occupancy document with your full name and service address:
- Lease showing commencement date
- Rental Agreement showing commencement date
- Contract of Sale showing settlement date
- A utility bill with your name and connection address on it
- Letter of confirmation from a nursing home on appropriate letterhead
- Statutory declaration from the property owner and the rent receipt from the new occupant
- Letter from the real estate agent and the rent receipt from the new occupant
- Letter from the real estate agent and the bond payment receipt
Got more questions about moving home and getting connected?
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
My Telstra app
View your services, pay your bill, troubleshoot tech issues, contact us via messaging and much more
We're here to answer your questions.
If you'd like to speak with us in your preferred language, we've got you covered.