How do I unlock my Pre-Paid Mobile?
You can unlock your Telstra Pre-Paid mobile, iPhone or mobile broadband devices, so it works on another network - but if you’ve had it activated on the Telstra network for less than two years, we charge:
- $80 for devices never activated or only active for six months or less
- $25 for devices activated for six months to 2 years.
Good to know
After two years, we don’t charge an unlocking fee.
To unlock your Pre-Paid device, you’ll need to find your phone’s IMEI number:
To locate your phone’s IMEI Number for Android; there are four ways:
- Dial *#06#
- In the Settings menu, select About Device followed by Status
- Look under the battery
- Find it printed on the original box your device came in
To locate your phone’s IMEI Number for your iPhone; there are three ways:
- Dial *#06#
- From the Settings menu, select General followed by About
- On the SIM card tray or back of the phone, depending on your phone model
Once you’ve located your phone’s IMEI number give us a call at the Telstra Pre-Paid Unlocking Centre:
- Dial 125 88 80 if calling from a Telstra phone
- Dial 13 22 00 if calling from a non-Telstra phone
- Dial +61 439 125 888 if calling from overseas (please note: international charges will apply).
You’ll be asked for your phones IMEI number, advised if you need to pay an unlocking fee and then given your unlocking instructions.
iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. registered in the US and other countries.
Still need to get in touch
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions.