How do I unlock my Pre-Paid Mobile?
You can unlock your Telstra Pre-Paid mobile, iPhone or mobile broadband devices, so it works on another network - but if you’ve had it activated on the Telstra network for less than two years, we charge:
- $80 for devices never activated or only active for six months or less
- $25 for devices activated for six months to 2 years.
Good to know
After two years, we don’t charge an unlocking fee.
To unlock your Pre-Paid device, you’ll need to find your phone’s IMEI number:
To locate your phone’s IMEI Number for Android; there are four ways:
- Dial *#06#
- In the Settings menu, select About Device followed by Status
- Look under the battery
- Find it printed on the original box your device came in
To locate your phone’s IMEI Number for your iPhone; there are three ways:
- Dial *#06#
- From the Settings menu, select General followed by About
- On the SIM card tray or back of the phone, depending on your phone model
Once you’ve located your phone’s IMEI number give us a call at the Telstra Pre-Paid Unlocking Centre:
- Dial 125 88 80 if calling from a Telstra phone
- Dial 13 22 00 if calling from a non-Telstra phone
- Dial +61 439 125 888 if calling from overseas (please note: international charges will apply).
You’ll be asked for your phones IMEI number, advised if you need to pay an unlocking fee and then given your unlocking instructions.
iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. registered in the US and other countries.
Still need to get in touch