Parental controls are an easy and effective way to help keep your children safe when they’re online.
Follow the steps below to set up Parental Controls for the entire household while they’re online at home.
To set up your Parental Controls:
- Make sure your device is connected to your home broadband network
- Sign into your Telstra 24x7 My Account page
- From the services menu select your internet service
- Now scroll to Add-ons and find Telstra Broadband Protect
- Select Manage
- Under ‘Family Safety’ you’ll see whether Parental Controls are ’ON’ or ‘OFF’. If you haven’t already set them up, select Set up.
- Select a Content Control Level.
- Choose from Low, Medium or High content controls to help make sure you’re comfortable with the sites your family can see online in the home. Select Next
8. Set up Access Time Restrictions, then select Next
- You can block all internet access at selected times
- You can also set up Homework Time, which only blocks known social networks and gaming websites, but allows your kids access to the internet for study.
9. Confirm and apply your changes by selecting Confirm
Want to personalise your Parental Controls?
- Go to ‘Family Safety’ to modify your selections and choose specific content and types of sites to block
- Choose the feature you want to modify, select View/Change, and follow the prompts.
For example, you can set up to 50 websites that are either always allowed (whitelist), or always blocked (blacklist).
- If Parental Controls identifies attempted access to a site which should be blocked, or when Access Time Restrictions are set, a Block Page message will display on the device.
- You can by-pass a blocked page using your Telstra 24x7 My Account login to gain one-time access.
Want to be notified when someone requests access?
When your family requests access to a blocked site, you can choose to be notified via email or SMS:
Can I access my Parental Controls on the Telstra 24x7®App?
Yes. You’ll find the Telstra Broadband Protect dashboard under ‘Add ons’. You can use the Telstra 24x7 App to:
- switch Parental Controls on and off
- choose your preferred content control levels
- add or remove sites from your Allowed and Blocked websites lists.
Need more help?
How to manage the sites your family can visit with Telstra Broadband Protect
Still need to get in touch