Fibre to the Premises (FTTP)
- The appointment will take place inside your home or business.
- Someone over 18 must be present for the entire duration of the appointment (this may extend beyond the technician arrival window)
- An nbn Utility Box will be installed to the outside of your premises and a Connection Box will be installed inside – drilling may be required.
- Your Telstra modem will need to connect to the nbn Connection Box, and your telephone will be plugged into your modem. Click here for the FTTP installation guide.
Before your technician visits please ensure:
- For a rental property, you have your landlord or body corporate's consent for the installation.
- Decide on the location of the nbn equipment. We recommend the nbn connection device inside your home is:
o Near a power point
o In a cool, dry, ventilated area where you can easily check it
o A central location to get the best Wi-Fi signal
- You've registered your Medi-Alert, Back-to-Base alarm or similar service with nbn co if you have any of these services.