How trade-in works
To be eligible for the trade-in program, you must be a Telstra consumer or small business customer aged 18+, and have a post-paid service with us. Devices on Telstra Mobile Lease Plans are ineligible for trade-in.
Sign in to My TelstraTo access our trade-in portal, sign in to My Telstra using your Telstra ID .
Get a quoteIn My Telstra, go to the 'Services' tab, then select the mobile number of your preferred account. Scroll down and select 'Got an old device?'
Send your old phoneComplete the assessment to see if your device is eligible. You'll receive instructions on how to send your device via an Australia Post outlet.
Receive your creditIf your device is accepted for trade-in, we'll apply your credit to your bill within two billing cycles, or onto your bank account or credit or debit card for your AutoPay arrangement with us within 30 days, if you’re on one of our upfront mobile or data plans.
Review estimated trade-in values
Our trade-in partner, Kingfisher, only accepts trade-in requests for devices from the following manufacturers
Get yourself trade-in ready
If you are currently paying off your device with Telstra (such as on a Device Payment Contract), after trading in your device you'll need to continue paying your device payments until you have paid out your device in full. Please consider canceling any add-ons or subscriptions that you may have associated to this device.
Getting your device return-ready:
- Back up your contacts, photos, messages, music and anything else you want to keep.
- Make sure any location or locking features are turned off.
- Take out your device's SIM card.
- Reset your device to its factory settings.
How to restore factory settings on your Apple iPhone and iPad
1. If you paired an Apple Watch with your iPhone, unpair your Apple Watch.
2. Back up your device.
3. Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store.
If you're using iOS 10.3 or later, tap Settings > [your name]. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out. Tap Sign Out again, then tap Delete from My [device] and enter your Apple ID password. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out. Be sure to check and turn off Find My [device]
4. Go to Settings and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. If you turned on Find My [device], you might need to enter your Apple ID and password.
5. If asked for your device passcode or Restrictions passcode, enter it. Then tap Erase [device].
How to restore factory settings on your Samsung Galaxy and Google Pixel
1. Back up your device.
2. Sign out of your accounts including Google and Samsung
Tap Settings > Accounts and backup > Accounts > Select Account > Tap Remove Account
Please note labels may differ across different Android devices and versions
3. Go to Settings and tap General Management > Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset.
Follow the on screen prompts to complete the reset