How trade-in works
To be eligible for the trade-in program, you must be aged 18+, with a Telstra consumer or small business billing account starting with 2000.
Have an old device?Eligible customers can log in to MyTelstra App or My Account using your Telstra ID to access the trade in portal.
Get a quoteDo an online assessment of your device's condition to get an estimated trade-in value.
Send your old phoneIf your device is eligible for trade-in, Kingfisher will send you an electronic barcode to scan and send via an Australia Post outlet with return instructions.
Receive your creditOnce Kingfisher has assessed the device as matching your online application, we'll apply your credit on behalf of Kingfisher to your next bill.
Get yourself trade-in ready
If you are currently paying off your device with Telstra (such as on a Device Payment Contract), after trading in your device you'll need to continue paying your device payments until you have paid out your device in full. Please consider canceling any add-ons or subscriptions that you may have associated to this device.
Getting your device return-ready:
- Back up your contacts, photos, messages, music and anything else you want to keep.
- Make sure any location or locking features are turned off.
- Take out your device's SIM card.
- Reset your device to its factory settings.
How to restore factory settings on your Apple iPhone and iPad
1. If you paired an Apple Watch with your iPhone, unpair your Apple Watch.
2. Back up your device.
3. Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store.
If you're using iOS 10.3 or later, tap Settings > [your name]. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out. Tap Sign Out again, then tap Delete from My [device] and enter your Apple ID password. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out. Be sure to check and turn off Find My [device]
4. Go to Settings and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. If you turned on Find My [device], you might need to enter your Apple ID and password.
5. If asked for your device passcode or Restrictions passcode, enter it. Then tap Erase [device].
How to restore factory settings on your Samsung Galaxy and Google Pixel
1. Back up your device.
2. Sign out of your accounts including Google and Samsung
Tap Settings > Accounts and backup > Accounts > Select Account > Tap Remove Account
Please note labels may differ across different Android devices and versions
3. Go to Settings and tap General Management > Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset.
Follow the on screen prompts to complete the reset
Review estimated trade- in values
Our trade-in partner, Kingfisher, only accepts trade-in requests for devices from the following manufacturers
Old phone worthless? Don’t dump it.
Recycle it instead
If your phone isn’t eligible for trade-in, you can recycle it, along with batteries, chargers and accessories. There are two ways.
By Electronic Barcode return
Once you have performed a Trade In transaction via your My Account login or via the My Telstra App, an electronic barcode will be sent to your nominated email address.
Simply take your Trade In ready device to an Australia Post outlet and the barcode will be scanned to send off to our partner Kingfisher for assessment. .
At a store
Take your old phone and accessories to a Telstra store.