You can activate your Pre-Paid service:
Your service will normally be active within 20 minutes, but sometimes it can take from 4 hours to 24 hours.
To check if your phone is activated:
- Look for network bars on your phone
- For a SIM with pre-loaded credit, try browsing the internet, calling or texting
- For a SIM without credit, try to recharge:
- On a phone - type m.telstra.com in your browser
- On a desktop - visit telstra.com/recharge and enter your phone number when prompted
If your service is still not active after 4 hours:
- Check our Outages and Notifications page for service disruptions
What if it won’t let me activate online?
If you’re having trouble activating your service online, check the following:
- Your phone number and SIM
- Your phone number must be 10 digits
- Your SIM serial number must be 13 digits
- Your ID
- Check your ID is current
- Check your details are correct
- Make sure you complete all fields
- Check your name exactly matches your ID, including any middle initials
- Your address
Make sure your address is entered in the following format:
- 10 Sample Street, Melbourne 3000
What details do I need from my Driver’s Licence?
Need more help?
Watch our videos on:
How to insert your sim into a prepaid phone with a battery
How to activate your pre-paid SIM
Still need to get in touch