Almost half of older Australians – that’s 2.3 million people - are not online, and so not able to enjoy the benefits of being connected. That’s why we have partnered with 3 state governments to deliver free or low cost training to thousands of older Australians through Telstra Tech Savvy Seniors.
How do I get the training?
You can take advantage of Tech Savvy Seniors training through:
- Short Self-Teach Videos – there are over 30 easy to follow self-teach videos you can watch for free here. Topics include mobiles, tablets, computers and home networking, email, internet shopping, social networking and online security.
- Easy to follow Quick Reference Guides - in 10 different languages, on a range of topics. You can read the Guides here.
- Face-to-face training - available for free or at a low cost through community colleges and libraries across NSW, Victoria and Queensland. It’s designed to help older Australians with limited or no experience online to learn skills for the future. Find out where the training is available near you. Eligibility criteria may apply.
Good to know:
- There may be face-to-face training run in other states, but not in partnership with Governments.
- Training sessions may be run by Telstra or third party groups.
- Visit your local Telstra Store to find out if there’s Tech Savvy Seniors training available in your area.
Still need to get in touch
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions.