Why is my Telstra email suspended?
There are four reasons why Telstra may suspend your email account. But don’t worry, this article explains how to reactivate it.
1. Your payment is late
Your emails are not deleted but you won’t be able to view them. New emails will bounce back to the sender.
2. Your email account is compromised
If we believe your email account has been compromised, or if it’s been identified as a source of spam emails, we will suspend the account.
Steps after reactivating your email
Once your email is reactivated, you need to change your password or it may be suspended again.
- Sign in to My Telstra using your Telstra ID
- On your dashboard, select the Profile icon at the top of the page. If you have more than one account, you will need to select the relevant account from the blue bar at the top of the screen
- Select Manage mailboxes from the left-hand menu. next to mailbox
- Select Manage mailbox for the correct mailbox
- A new screen will open, then select Change Password.
- Follow the rest of the prompts and select Save
3. You’re no longer a Telstra customer
When you close your Telstra account, we’ll suspend your email address. After 30 days, we may delete your emails.
Want to keep your Telstra email address?
Just tell us you’d like to keep your Telstra email when you close your account.
It’s free to keep for the first 12 months after you cease to be a Telstra customer. After that it’s $79 a year.
4. You haven't used your email for 180 days
To keep your email open, you need to use it least once every 180 days.
Can I re-activate my old BigPond email?
You can re-activate your old BigPond Mailbox using the steps above.