How do I set up my devices on ADSL?
Getting set up and connected
1. Connect your modem
Firstly, unplug any existing modems, telephones and other devices that use the telephone wall sockets.
1. Select the ADSL filter. This the small, white box that has GREY DSL, BLACK PSTN and WHITE WALL plugs attached to the end of the cable.
2. As the GREY DSL and BLACK PSTN plugs are already connected to the Telstra Smart Modem, please insert the WHITE WALL plug into the wall socket.
Good to know
For the best coverage, place the modem in an open, elevated area, allowing for optimal signal and Wi-Fi strength.
2. Turn on your modem
1. The POWER cord is already connected to the Telstra Smart Modem, so plug the adaptor into the wall and ensure the power is on.
2. The Telstra Smart Modem will now turn on. When the front light indicator has turned blue or green, you’re good to go. This may take a few minutes.
Please refer to the diagram below
3. Connect your device via Wi-Fi
On the device, select the Wi-Fi name printed on your Wi-Fi fridge magnet and enter the password provided.
Keep your Wi-Fi name and password details somewhere handy like the fridge.
4. Connect your device via cable
To connect via a cable, insert the YELLOW LAN plug into any YELLOW port on the Telstra Smart Modem. Insert the other end into your device’s network port.
5. Connect your home phone
Plug your existing corded home phone into the GREEN port. When the PHONE light is on, you’ll be able to make and receive calls, as long as the modem is on.
If you’re having trouble connecting your modem, make sure the cabling and power supply are connected correctly.
Try restarting your modem by turning it off. Wait at least 2 minutes before turning it back on.
Still need to get in touch
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions.